Loricraft Garrard 301 to Dobbins Sp10 Mk3 - What can I expect ?

Folks,
I have been using a nicely modded Loricraft Garrard 301 for the last couple of years. Found a good deal on a Steve Dobbins Sp10 Mk3 and pulled the trigger on it. It will be arriving in a week or so. I am curious what can I expect from this change ? The Sp10 Mk2 didnt cut it for me nor the new SL-1200G. Mk3 that too coming from Dobbins seems to be on a much higher plane. However I would love to hear from you guys if you have heard the Mk3 vs 301.
pani
pani

Kind sir, curious, for the sake of comparison was the Garrard 301 Loricraft model you previously owned also using the "hollow box frame" style stock plinth with the rest stock? Any modifications?  Curious as to which era ie. version the used Mk.3 Dobbins you purchased, there were a couple slight variations if memory serves. In any event, I believe you will really enjoy your Sp10Mk.3 based drive front end. When they are well implemented, these direct drives are musical powerhouses. I adore mine!

Lewm
Agree on your post above with regards to musical neutrality ~ transparency, as these traits the Mk.3 excels in. On a friendly side note, Kodo the Beat actually does not use a Mk.3 motor or Technics platter.
Hi, I still use the Loricraft Garrard 301. It uses a stacked birch ply plinth. There are few modifications to it too

1.Kokomo Mk2 bearing
2. Woodsong Audio magnetic brake disc
3. AudioSilente idler wheels
4. Funkfirm Achromat
Ferrari, thank you for the correction. After I wrote what I wrote, I started questioning myself also as to the identity of the motor used in the Kondo the Beat turntable. One glance will tell you that the platter is different from that of a Mark 3.Steve used to post here on Audiogon , but I have not seen anything from him in a few years. Also, I wonder what has happened to that product (Kondo the Beat). One does not see it mentioned these days. If out of production, it would surely be a highly desirable collectors item.Do you know any further details of its construction? For example, what motor did it use? Was it quartz controlled?
Kodo The Beat is still in production. In fact Steve told me that now he has the Beat SE version which he has demoed at RMAF this year. The SE version is quite a bit more expensive though