Any one try the new Synergistic Research BLUE UEF Duplex receptacle?

Looking for comparsons to other high quality outlets.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xlak
Just installed my Blue duplex and glad I did as the old duplex had very loose wire connections on it, could not have been helping and quite possibly a fire hazard as it was.

Now I have solid wire too and yes it is a bear to get the Blue to tighten down on it securely, I redid it three times before happy but I am definitely going to pull it out and recheck in a month or so too.
Great news with the wall outlet upgrade! I think it will sound even better tomorrow and will finish breaking in two weeks from today.

David Pritchard
I purchased and installed a Synergistic Blue outlet to replace my Oyaide - XXX. The Blue immediately seemed quieter to me (less grain) but right out of the box it’s compressed dynamically and in terms of soundstage. Everything does sound pretty ’organic’ though (I hate that description but that’s all I can come up with).  I’m sure it will get better with break-in time.

What’s the best way to break it in? I have my equipment plugged into a PowerCell 10 UEF which is plugged into the Blue outlet. I hope I don’t need to keep the system running for 14 days to break it in.  Maybe the PowerCell will draw enough to break-in the outlet.  Maybe not...

As far as the cost, yeah it’s not cheap within the context of outlets but in the world of high-end audio it’s not bad. I know people that have $10k amp & preamp and $20k speakers that refuse to pay $150 for an outlet or a fuse. That’s just foolish to me but to each his/her own.
ihmeyers48:
Congratulations on trying more than one wall outlet. I do find it fascinating that wall outlets do effect the sound as much as they do and that different brands definitely do sound different.

The Synergistic Research will definitely become more dynamic and the soundstage will expand over the first 14 days after installation. In my opinion after installing three of the Blue outlets, they do not need a lot of current passing thru to break in. I think the Power Cell being on 24/7 will do the thick.

David Pritchard
(There are three new components in my system that are not fully broken in including a blue fuse in my amp; therefore, take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.)  

Just today I installed the Blue receptacle into my power conditioner. The Cardas 4181US was replaced by the Blue UEF as the first receptacle in the series of 3 receptacles. The reason was so that the benefits, if any, can be shared or passed along to the rest of the receptacles.

The conditioner's transformer is connected directly the the Blue UEF being the first receptacle in the series.

The conditioner's current configuration consists of a Blue UEF, GTX-D NCF with a .47uF copper VCAP in parallel , and a Cardas 4181US as the last receptacle in the chain also with a .47uF CuTF in parallel. 

The Blue UEF has the computer (source) and Pass XA-25 amp connected to it. The GTX-D NCF has the Lampizator Amber II DAC and computer monitor connected to it. The Cardas 4181US has a hard drive reader connected to it. 

My first listen was very positive. The imaging is more solid/vivid; improved 3D image. The sound is very dynamic from top to bottom including more bass than I've had in my system. The bass is solid and not bloated so it does not sound artificial. Soundstage seems larger and has improved layering and separation.

It appears that the Cardas may have been restrictive to the sound system. Remember that it fed power down stream to the other receptacles. The Cardas receptacle is now last in the chain so it cannot contaminate any other receptacles. 

I'm not trying to bash the Cardas receptable at all. It is definitely the best constructed receptacle that I've seen. The build quality is top of it's class. It's sound quality will be investigated further. 

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/triggr_357/20181010_180726.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/triggr_357/20181010_174211.jpg