Pass INT-30 or INT-60

Has anyone ever compared these? Considering one for my Harbeth SHL5+.
tswisla
I’ve a-b compared the Pass XA-250.8/XP-20, Luxman M-900u/C-900u & Accuphase A-70/C-2850 separates with Harbeth 40th Anniversary speakers. In that shootout, I actually preferred Accuphase with the Harbeths. The Accuphase amps had the best blend of inviting class A warmth, control and musical realism. I also preferred the Lux amps to Pass. The Pass amps sound more rounded, and were the most tube-like of the 3, though the Accuphase amps had greater dynamic shadings/inner detail. Guitars sounded great through the Pass amps, though I preferred the Accuphase amps presentation of vocals which sounded more natural. So based on that shootout, if you could stretch a bit, I would seek out an audition of the Accuphase E-650.

And although you didn’t ask about alternative amplificaiton options, as a left of field option I could recommend the Audio Analogue Maestro Anniversary. That is a musical sounding amp & is on the warm/rich side. It is beautifully designed and built, has good power, and is also cheaper than the Accuphase E-650 or Pass Int-60. As always, let your ears decide!
I've owned both and prefer the 60, which I still own.  They are both great amps though.  I don't believe the 30 will be enough power for your Harbeth's unless they are used for low-level listening only.  They fell a little short on my Merlin's that I believe are easier to drive than the Harbeth's.
Don't know if you've pulled the trigger, tswisla, but since I extensively A/Bed both at home, I thought I'd weigh in.
The bottom line is that, assuming cost is not an issue, I'm guessing most enthusiasts would prefer the INT -60 to the INT-30A.
The longer story is a bit more complex.

I had the 30 for a long time, and loved it: silky, sweet, musical, warm and romantic.
While the amps are pretty close, the 60 is not as romantic.  I consider this a loss, but the 60 is longer in audiophile-y virtues: more detailed, precise, and revealing.  Though still very musical. I expect to have it in my main system for many years.

The big difference is that the the 60 is far less limiting for speakers choices.  I found the 30 to be less than ideal even for pretty efficient speakers, such as the 92db Montana EPSIIs, and even the 97db Vaughn Zinfindels (which have powered woofer).  In fact, I blew several Fountek tweeters in the Vaughns, probably due clipping, and I'm not a super loud listener.
The 60 does not have that issue, and mates beautifully with my Daedalus Ulysses, even going pretty low, though the Ulysses are not especially noted for that.
So unless you're running really efficient speakers (my recollection is your Harbeths are not), I think the 60 is a better choice than the 30.
There is a substantial difference in cost, of course, and for better or worse, a good bit of that seems to reflect the much more luxurious casework in the 80.
As with all things Pass, very worth checking with Mark at Reno Hi-Fi. (I think he mostly concurs with my comparative assessment of the amps, btw.)  He's a really nice and helpful guy, and will do his best to work with you.
Hope this helps.
Best,
John

I have the Pass Labs INT-60, First Watt F7, and The HP-1 headphone amp. I do think jdoris gives a good summary of the INT-60 amp.

I have found all three amps are significantly improved with replacing the original fuse with a Synergistic Research Blue fuse. The results are not trivial. Within 24 hours the sound is improved and it continues to improve over the next 10 days. There SR fuses are sold with a 30 day return for refund . Plus if you have never looked under the hood of these amps this gives you a good excuse to see the wonderful workmanship Nelson's team accomplishes.

David Pritchard
How can one use a headphone amp with the INT-60 since muting it also mutes the preamp outs? (Assuming the speakers are not also playing!)