Pure Audio Project Loudspeaker with Voxativ driver option

I have played the Loudspeaker merry go round a lot Maybe 6 times in 7 years .
My last speaker was very good the Marten Logan impression 11a. And j upgraded the crossover 
It  sounded good but dynamics is not one of their string suits. I heard these Pure Audio Project
Speakers at a friend's, it was all over ML 11-A speaker gone. With these trio 15 model,
You have to put these Open Baffle speakers together they take about 5 hours to put together 
You have roughly 5 midrange- tweeter wide band driver options,I chose the Excellent Voxativ wide band driver,with the Leonitis crossover . This crossover has only 5 parts, and the option to not use the inductor for the midrange .I chose not to use it slightly less warm  ,but better detail by a few %.
There is only 1 Huge capacitor a 68 mictofareds. This is because it rolls off at about 350hz 
To the Dual 15 inch Neodymium woofers . The stovk capacitor decent Mundorf  Mcap,
Not good enough for me .let me back up a moment. The crossover board is a screw terminal Munforf board all Gold plated Copper. Which is Very good .no solder,direct contact,purer sound.
I put in the newer Clarity Csa- capacitor.  And a 1.0 Arizona Cactus aluminum foil Blue oil capacitor ,.a fantastic match.  Not content yet I added a 2.2uf Jupiter Copper foil Beeswax capacitor. A great combination with cactus .  After about roughly 300 hours 95% run in. These capaciyors take a Loong time.   The sound very Electrostatic like, plus a huge soundstage I am only 2ft from the front wall and 3ft from the sides. These speakers are 95db efficient 8ohms.
The Bass is very fast punchy and detailed in room to roughly 28hz ,from my demo cra.
The purity of the Voxativ driver is incredibly good,The almost natural driver I have ever heard .
They offer their field coil drivers thst are much better still starting at $8500,or $12000 a pair .
They go up to $32k for their top field coil drivers. The Voxativ drivers are all hand built in Berlin .
A 24 hour run under duress is completed before they go anywhere. 
A very important option I choose and was Highly recommended, was the Verastarr Wiring harness 
Option a $700 option that is a solid 10-15%  better with these foil wires,the Silver foils are a $1k option. Even st low volume you can hear the performance 60on the sol meter.
These speakers play every kind of music with clarity and great inner detail. They will play loud enough for most but not all. 90db on up is Ear damage territory,these will play to 95-100 db,higher on peaks. Head banging speakers these are not . Listening to Tracy Chapman, Art Garfunckle
They are in the room ,jazz playing Chet baker  the trumpet  just stands in space .
Rock and Rolll for sure the 15 inch mid- woofers mean business. 
If you are in New England Ct Ma area email me to come over for a listen.
128x128audioman58
I'm interested in the PAP 15 Horn1 as a future purchase. I have similar taste in music to Radiohead99, lots of rock and lo-fi hip hop ambient pop metal, you name it, as well as audiophile stuff but for me I'm not going to ever listen to all classical and audiophile jazz and one album by dire straits, so I'm definitely looking for an all-rounder speaker that can handle miles davis, then guided by voices, then Radiohead, then MF Doom, then Brian Eno, then Led Zeppelin, etc... I'm curious if you've heard and could compare them to Devore O-96, Tekton Encore, or other "giant killers" in that price range? I know I need to start reaching out and finding more speakers to listen to, meanwhile any thoughts you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have owned the PAP Horn1s and currently have the Tekton Encores. Both are truly excellent speakers. I know it's an old audio cliche, but these speakers have very different strengths. Your preference may well depend not only on your taste in music and your sonic priorities, but your room and the associated equipment you plan to run with them. The only way to really know for sure is to audition them, though I know that is easier said than done. The Horn1s were outstanding, but barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Encores will likely be my last speakers.

No experience with the Devores.
Thanks for the quick response Walt - I'm curious, for you, why the Encores over the PAP Horn1's? 
@mikld For one thing, my system is in my living room and my wife vetoed them based on looks alone. I thought they looked cool, but she thought they looked like a cross between a giant domino and a varnished duck.

I had them for a few weeks and thought they sounded great, very pure and open. But for my tastes and room, I would have needed to find and integrate the right sub.

The Encores do not require a sub, to put it mildly. When needed and with the right amplification, they will bring the thunder. I find that they just meet my needs in a more complete way and are better with all types of music, while I thought the Horn1s were phenomenal with acoustic music, but just 'very, very good' with rock and (non-acoustic) jazz. I have no doubt that those who love them would do a much better job of getting them dialed in than I did in my fairly brief, but enjoyable, time with them. I found that I was spending most of my time listening to the speakers, critiquing the sound. With the Encores, I'm back to listening to the music.