New Parasound A21 VS Mark Levinson #23

Hello all

I have the option of buying new Parasound A21 (2500 )  Vs Mark Levinson # 23 for 2300 (in good working condition). I will be pairing for B&W 803S

any suggestion?

any advice appreciated
ask17
The Parasound is a fantastic modern sounding amp in all respects. Robust, powerful, quiet, neither euphonic nor dry or sterile. 

I would strongly recommend it based on age alone. 

Best,

E
The Mark Levinson has a very unique sound to the midrange.  It's hard to describe if you have never heard it.  It's sort of like a very thick sounding midrange with unique and different overtones.  Some people love it, others do not.  You really have to hear it to understand.
---
The Parasound A21 is slightly on the warm side, but it is a more conventional sounding amplifier.  It's not in that "different sound" category like the Levinson.  For my own opinion and preference, I think the A21 sounds more natural and open than the Levinson.  I am in the camp that likes the Parasound and doesn't really like the Levinson.  It's all a personal preference.
I have not heard the Levinson, but I know many audiophiles hold that brand in high esteem. I had pulled the trigger on the A21 and really like it. If I were to change amps I would only go with mono amps or an integrated amp in the $5k range. That is how much I like the A21. BTW I used to own about six or seven other brands, including the often talked about Odyssey brand. The Parasound Halo was much better. I know there are better sounding amps, I heard a Musical Fidelity dual mono integrated (M6 500i) that was better, but again in the $6k range. The A21 is like a taste of champagne audio on a beer budget.