Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
1. “I got a woman” Elvis compared to that of Ray Charles 

2. “That’s all right, momma,” Elvis compared to  “Big Boy” Crudup; plus, “My baby left me” and “So glad you’re mine,” Crudup originals, were also covered and performed by Elvis in a manner that I thought was better than the originals.

Elvis’ versions above (1 + 2) had an integrated spirit, drive, and sensuality that produced a unique sound and generated an exciting, even thrilling listening experience. The only cover he did that was a disappointment to my listening expectations was “Such a night,” which was essentially a note-for-note copy of the arrangement and delivery by Johnny Ray.

Feist's version of the Bee Gees' Inside and Out -- very cool.
James Blake's cover of Feist's Limit to Your Love -- WOW -- and a real test for the bottom end of your system!