For those of us over 60..

What band's output would you say best describes you/your life as you see it?

For me, Allman Brothers
128x128slaw
The Beatles, their catalogue pretty much covers every emotion and experience. (To digress, a big thumbs up to Egypt Station. Ear worm galore.)

@hapinoregon, you’re my kinda guy! Are you actually in Oregon? Portland perhaps?

@prof, I feel your pain. Musical taste is purely subjective and personal. I too find The Moody Blues insufferable (except for their debut Go Now album, when future Wings member Denny Laine was a member). The Allmans were okay (except for Duane, who was a great guitarist), but somewhat over-rated imo (their drummers are terrible!). But see, I have gone back and discovered the original sources of the music theirs is based upon, and I find most white versions of black music inferior, with some exceptions. No offense intended slaw! The Dead are too complicated to discuss in a forum, but I completely understand why you find their appeal bewildering. How do you feel about Phish? ;-)

Kate and Anna McGarrigle.  Started listening to them and their entourage in 1975.  Still listening regularly and have expanded to their children:  Rufus and Martha Wainwright and the terrific Lily Lanken.   Their music encompasses all stages of life to me.  63 tomorrow!    
The Doobie Brothers and the original Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac bring back fond, nostalgic memories as well as the odd flashback, Oops. Better put Pink Floyd and The Electric Prunes in there as well.