Reference 3A MM De Capo vs Legacy Calibre

I am starting the process of putting together a new system. An important design goal is the speakers will be stand mounts. I have heard the De Capo's but not the Calibre's. I am most interested in others opinions on monitor/stand mounted speakers. I am attending RMAF in two weeks and hope to check out ideas while there.

My budget could go as high as 12K for the Reference 3a Reflector.Yet, the less expensive monitors may be good enough.

Please share your ideas and impressions.

Ag insider logo xs@2xchangeout
My knowledge of the Celesta comes from former dealer, Mark Sossa, who used to rave about them especially their bass response for a monitor.  When Mark decided to get out of the retail end of the business and concentrate on distribution the line left.  One of the reviewers for Audiophilia has used them as his personal reference for several years. They are one monitor speaker I would love to hear.  Between them the Reflector and the Calibre it will come down to personal preference as I don't suspect you could go wrong whichever one you chose. 
I've owned a pair of DeCapo BEs for 5 years, I am quite happy with them and they check all the boxes based on the things you require in a speaker, I would add dynamic to the mix as well. They present a realism that is only limited by the upstream components.  Very natural sound resulting from the direct signal to the custom drivers originally designed by Daniel Dehay. There is a reason this design has been around for as long as it has. Of course it is ALWAYS wise to listen to as many speakers as possible before committing to anything. 

I have also listened to the Reflectors on several occasions at a local dealer. The cabinet is larger and heroic efforts are made in making the cabinet more inert to vibrations and resonance. The speakers weigh 75 lbs each! There is certainly a difference in presentation from the DeCapos, a greater sense of the cabinet disappearing and a somewhat more transparent presentation, deeper bass, a different animal from the DeCapo. I personally couldn't justify the price difference although the dealer did offer me an excellent deal. The DeCapos just suit me all the way around in my setup and room. 

FYI I am currently using custom Neotech gold/silver ics, Omega Micro Planer 2 speaker cables, all tube electronics, including a OPPO Modwright CD player and Oracle Delphi table and 2 Rel subs. 

Tubegroover, good to know your satisfaction with the Decapo's. The DeCapo has a large body of positive reviews. My room is 12 x 20 x 9 and for the past several years I have ran a four way horn system with an active cross over. One design goal is for a simple and fun system. My room was to small for the horns.

I agree to listen to as many as possible speaker options makes sense. My source is a Galibier table and Mojo Mystique dac feed from a Music Vault server.I have several tube amps -all less than 25 watts - so I will buy another larger amp. I am open to amplifier suggestions.

Given what you're looking for I'd highly recommend ATC SCM50 active speakers.  You'll get the speakers and amps customized to drive the speakers all in one package, and that ATC dome midrange has dynamics and transparency I've not heard bettered by anything anywhere.  Best of luck. 
@changeout  Will the Reference 3a Reflector will be on demo at RMAF? If you do get a chance to listen to them, please post your impressions. Thanks!