Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
Obviously, (but maybe not) the greatest cover was Jimi Hendrix- "All Along the Watchtower".
One of the last songs the late GREAT Stan Rogers recorded was Mary McCaslin's "Going Down the Road". I'd guess that most people aren't familiar with him. Listen to this song. It's amazing. Stan could take a song that I never cared for the first time around and turn it into gold. I felt his loss like many felt when John Lennon died. Enjoy. Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpis0Q3VBFg
Mott the Hoople's cover of "All the Young Dudes" is better than the original by David Bowie
George Thorogood's cover of "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" is better than the original by Muddy Waters.
Van Halen's cover of "You really Got Me" is marginally better than the original by the Kinks
The one the only late great Ms.Laura Nryo .Was a great song writer and performer.Wedding Bell Blues-5th.Dimenson ,Stoney End -Barbara Streisand,And When I Die-Blood,Sweat and Tears ,Eli Coming-Three Dog Night ,Stoned Soul Picnic -5th Dimension ,its Gonna take a Miracle -Royalettes -Dennis Williams ,Save the Country-5th Dimension .All I can say is Wow.She recorded released all the songs on her own.