Music Server - The Search Begins

I recently upgraded my amp to a Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, which incorporates the highest quality DAC I have owned, so it's gotten me to seriously consider adding a music server to my system.  
I've been mainly playing records through my system for the past 8 years, so I really haven't paid much attention to the digital side of things.  I need some help figuring out what's ideal for my needs.
The main criteria I have:
- Needs to be able to store a lot of music because I have thousands of CDs and downloads I want to store in one place
- Should have its own CD ripper
- Needs to be easy to use. I'd like to be able to navigate it without having to use a phone, tablet or computer all the time
- Must be reliable.  Glitchy, buggy systems will end up being returned.
- Must sound good, but doesn't need to be in the top 5% of its class.  
- Should be under $3K (but willing to consider higher priced if the benefits are really worth it)

Servers that I've been considering include the Cocktail Audio X50D, Sony HAP-Z1ES, BlueSound Vault, Melco N1.  I realize that not all of these on my list include every criteria I listed above, hence my plea for help.  

If you have experience using a server that you really like and that might make sense for me please share your experiences.  Thanks so much!!

Peter

128x128snackeyp
@uberwaltz, +1
Bluesound really came out with great products, and their customer service is top notch.
B
Thanks guys for your feedback.
To clarify...
I do NOT mind using a phone or tablet to select and play music, but I also find it nice to still be able to navigate my library when one of these is not available.  Probably my fear is somewhat irrational but somewhat based on poor experiences in the past with this kind of arrangement.  To be honest, the Bluesound Vault is pretty high on my list because a friend of mine has one and likes it.  If it's true that the app works really well with the unit I already feel better about going with something like that.  
I do wish the storage of the Vault was bigger, however.  Does anyone know if adding an external drive to it is a smooth way of expanding storage?  What I mean is, do all the music files from both drives show up in the same library, or are you required to switch between volumes to see the files?  
FYI, I rip my CDs in ALAC format, so they take up more space than MP3, and I also have quite a few hi-res files and plan to add more.  The 1 TB drive on my MacBook Pro is nearly full and I want to keep adding music, so it's really frustrating.  What I'd like is to have enough storage or ability to expand to never have to worry about it.  
Thanks,
Peter
@snackeyp Peter, here is what I used previous to my now more narrowly focused server:

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/audio-server/products/sonictransporter-ap-roon-server...

It comes in under 3K and is versatile with respect to software interfaces.

You will need to control it via a web browser or if you are using specific player software (the specific app interface).

All the best.
BTW, having two RJ45 ports that are bridged, is a killer feature, should you choose to use it. You will be amazed. : )
OP
As far as I am aware you can only view and play the files that have been ripped to the Vault internal hard drive.
Connecting an external hard drive to it is for backup of your existing internal hard drive only, you cannot access the external hard drive through the Vault to play anything from it.

Now as far as cataloguing of the music on the internal hard drive it could not be easier, it gives you many options of how to look for your music, by artist, album, song etc.
It rarely fails to find the correct metadata for any ripped album, I think I had maybe 4 failures and these were all very old and obscure British bands. This is easily resolved though by the use of a third party program and editing the metadata via your PC where the Vault shows up as a storage unit. Heck this is also by far the quickest way to delete albums as well.... but not to add them I tried! 

And yes I would say the app for the Vault is about as friendly as any app can be on both android and ipad.