Upgrade from Pass Labs XA30.8 to X250.8. Worth it?

I am getting ready to make some upgrades to the system. I currently running a DAC into a BAT51SE, then a Pass Labs XA30.8, then finally into Decware DM947 speakers (don't worry if you've never heard of them; not the last word in speakers, but have been doing a solid job for about 5 years now.)

I am contemplating moving up the Pass Labs amplifier line, and the X250.8 looks attractive. I would like to hear more bass authority and definition, but I don't really want to sacrifice the mids and highs of the 30.8. 

I would love to hear some of your impressions of the X250.8, especially if you are able to make some direct comparisons to the XA30.8. I've spoken with both Mark at Reno Hifi, and Kent English of Pass Labs; both are wonderful and informative people. What I am interested in now is the opinions and experiences of end users of either of these amps. 

Thanks! 
willrich47
@browndt that amp is also intriguing. There’s one listed on Audiogon right now. Do you have personal experience with those two amps X350.8 and X250.8? 

I prefer the X250.8 to the X350.8 and the XA30.8 .  you really just must listen, all are excellent but different
have you considered the xa 60.8? I haven't heard the x250.8, but I did have an x250.5 and moved to the xa60.8 and it was a solid upgrade. 

if you like the xa30.8, maybe the 60.8 is what you want
@hk_fan You’re not wrong. Indeed, that is how my current setup works. I have an SVS SB-16 picking up the lowest frequencies. 

Part of getting a sub integrated is making it not call too much attention to itself; just picking up the frequencies that are lacking in the speaker itself. Most of the bass I am hearing in my system comes from the XA30.8. 

I remember one of the very first “hi-fi” systems I heard 5 or so years ago had a very tactile, visceral feel to it. No matter the subwoofer I use, the 30.8 is not going to produce that visceral aspect of the music. 

I would agree, the mids and highs are second to few. My hope is that further up the Pass line somewhere is an amp that has more of that power, but with the finesse in the mids and highs that the 30.8 has.
Post removed