Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Bondmanp, that sub looks nice. Maybe I could even scrounge up some extra cash and get the 10' version...

As for the connections, here's the back of my Nova:
http://www.listenup.com/lu/graphics/00000001/PeachtreeAudio.Nova_Back.jpg

So I could either connect the sub directly from the Nova using the preamp output and then leave the speakers connected to the Nova like normal, or I can connect the speaker out of the Nova to the Velodyne, then the speakers to the sub (which is what "in-line" is?)? Is that how things work? Sorry, I'm totally new to all of this and don't totally grasp some of how it works together.
I went ahead and ordered the Velodyne since it's on special for $400 right now. I think because I can't afford another pair of nice speaker wire to do the in-line method, I'll have to just stick to using the preamp output on my Nova directly into the subwoofer for now (if I understand correctly, that's how to most simply connect the Velodyne to the Nova).
You are correct about the "in-line" set up. Go ahead with your plans. I would do some critical listening before and after the sub is in the system. Don't pay much attention to the bass, which will of course be different. Listen for changes in the upper bass, mids and treble. Listen for detail, soundstage dimensionality, timbre, etc. If you feel these are worse with the sub in the system, consider using the line outputs from the Nova. Make sure the output is variable level, so volume changes to the speakers will match volume changes to the sub. Note that, from what I see in the image, there is no internal x-over in the Nova, so that the Ohms will still get a full-range signal. This will eliminate some of the advantages of a powered sub - less amp power is required for the main speakers, which usually improves performance. Of course, you can always look into outboard, higher quality crossovers in the future.
How do i make sure the "output is variable level?" And until I can afford a second pair of good quality speaker cables I'm going to have to go with the preamp out on the Nova as opposed to in-line anyway. I appreciate all the help, I'm slowly coming to understand how all of this works!
It should be specified in the owner's manual. Sometimes, preamp outputs are fixed-level, like a tape-out output, so that the sugnal is at a constant setting. The variable level output will be affected by adjustments to the Nova's volume control. If you are not sure, connect the preamp output to the subwoofer, lower the subwoofer's volume to zero. Put on some music, then gradually increase the subwoofer's volume control. Once you can hear the subwoofer putting out a signal (audible bass), lower the Nova's volume slowly until it is at zero. If you still hear the subwoofer, but the main speakers are silent, you are connected to a fixed-level preamp output. If the subwoofer also goes silent, you have variable level. BTW, some preamps and amps allow you to select variable or fixed output via a switch or set up program.