MONSTER CD RINGS . How to Remove ?

Going through my massive collection of CDs, I just noticed about a dozen discs with MONSTER RINGs around them. Back in the early 90s I fell for the Stereophile ploy of Monster CD ring tweek. Which was suppose to increase the accuracy of the CD laser reading. Thus giving more information and better sound.

Two quick questions..

1- How the heck do you get the (Monster CD) ring off the disc without ruining the CD ?

2- If I do use these CDs with the Monster rings on the disc. Can it damage or stress the CD motor mechanism because of the extra weight spinning ?

Thank you to all who help.
mfslgoldcd
GooGone didn’t really help; It just ruined the label. Best result I've had so far has been to pick on the outer perimeter of the ring with my fingernail until I can begin to SLOWLY pull it off the disc. Pulling too hard or too fast can separate the data from the disc.
Why would anyone want to remove the Monster CD Rings? They sound great! Have you given and consideration to ear candling? 🕯

If anyone has Monster Rings I’ll be happy to take them off your hands. Even if they are the ones you’re pulling off CDs.
I too liked the rings. A very good test of the cd damping characteristics would be to hold the cd with your pinky finger in the center hole ( non label side facing your hand, and tapping on the cd from the label side. Take the exact cd without a ring on it and perform the same tap test. The cd will ring and vibrate ( you will feel it on your pinky ). I believe the more robust the transport, the less of an effect it would have. It is trying to simulate the Pioneer stable platter, and many top loading players using a clamp or disc holding the cd over the motor spindle / optical system.I hear differences for the better. I was sorry they went away. Enjoy ! MrD.