Stillpoints - snake oil?

Anybody here using Stillpoints Ultras? My dealer thinks highly of them, but I am very suspicious.
128x128thyname
As a machinist and field tech. I spent a great deal of time analyzing, identifying and eliminating vibration in complex, rotating industrial machines - everything from high speed turbines and planner heads to large, low speed scrubber fans and everything in their connective drive assemblies and surrounding structures. Aside from out of balance, the major causes of what could be, or become destructive vibrations, was the same as we see in audio - looseness anywhere in the system; all orders of harmonics as related to the resonant frequency of the machinery; the transfer of outside vibration or interference. For issues, other than out of balance, the solutions to eliminate vibration were the same for a 10 million dollar turbine, as for a home audio system - address looseness, couple to reduce or control resonance and isolate to reduce or eliminate outside interference.
I agree with Elizabeth’s earlier statements regarding cheep, sensible methods of addressing these issues. Once you understand where the problem is, it doesn’t have to cost a thousand dollars to solve the problem....Jim
Jim, thanks for that information. Understanding the problems vibration creates in our audio system there is no reason to doubt that these devices do work as designed. 
Listen first to decide if they improve what you hear in your room. 
Mapleshade heavyfoot(feet) anyone? Their considerable mass seem to me to be a strong selling point. 
Re. Mapleshade: I just had a look at their site and their products seem sound and well thought. I'm a fan of solid butcher block bases and iso pads, as a platform for components, particularly TTs and CDPs. Also the design of the three point tips on the top side of their Micropoint Megafeet, although a bit pricey, is a good design to insure a good coupling to the component. On standard designed tip-toes, I put a thin disc of dense felt, between the flat base of the tip-toe cone and the component - to reduce the chance of vibrations between the tip-toe and the component.
@twoleftears: Looks like a good product. They should be very effective for dampening and isolation. At that price - what's to loose....Jim