How good is your hearing ? And how do you know ?

Sometimes I have a big laugh when reading this forum. There are clearly people whose hearing is, shall I say, very special. So why buy good stuff ?
inna
Michael, I believe I understand what you are writing, but maybe not.  Several times I have been tempted to start a thread inquiring if anyone else has ever had or experienced systems, as I have, in the 60's and 70's, where the mid level components came together to produce a beautiful sound?  A sound that was so special that anyone who came into the room commented on it.  And the components were so mainstream that one would laugh today.  The sound was so natural, and the room boundaries just melted away. 
Yes I remember the 60's and 70's audio and I couldn't wait to get away from it what with idler drive turntables and Quad amps churning out hum by the bucketload. Move onto the milenium and we now have equiptment that can resolve from grooves or pits levels of detail that we could only dream of then. I know which century I want to belong in and to the question my ears are 65 years old and I now can't hear above 13K but what I do have left I still can discerne good from bad when it comes to hearing hi fi systems and the old chestnut can you still hear the triangle ? well I can . Too many people in this forum think that their hearing is special well take a hearing test , get your ears syringed and then maybe you may just hear then the difference a cable and a fuse may make to your system.
inna
There are clearly people whose hearing is, shall I say, very special.
I can't imagine how you could assess anyone's hearing remotely relying only on their posts in an Internet forum. That's what's odd about the title of this thread:
How good is your hearing ? And how do you know ? 
The real question to the OP is: How would you know how good my hearing is? Not: How would I know how good my hearing is.