A History of Ultrasonic Record Cleaning

Given all of the attention to ultrasonic cleaning of LPs, made more accessible by DIY, there’s been surprisingly little written about the history of ultrasonic record cleaning. Mike Bodell changes that with a piece I just published entitled “The Curious Case Of Record Cleaning In The Quest For Sonic Perfection," which you can find here:
https://thevinylpress.com/the-curious-case-of-record-cleaning-in-the-quest-for-sonic-perfection/
Mike found an old patent that directly addresses the subject, and puts the development of various cleaning approaches into historical context. I think you’ll find it a worthwhile addition to the literature and an enjoyable read.
128x128whart
Which Elma product would you buy for cleaning LPs? I looked at their website. It seems they make a very wide variety of ultrasonic cleaning machines, but most of them are for various industrial purposes. Thanks.
@lewm- Tim, in this article I published, switched from a cheap Chinese unit that crapped out after a year to the P120, see [url]https://thevinylpress.com/timas-diy-rcm-follow-up-2-compelling-changes-improved-results/[/url].
@Terry9-if memory serves is using a Fisher Scientific branded Elma version of the P60, which as Terry could probably explain, is a tight fit for two records, but I gather works well, and is less pricey due to its smaller size/capacity.
Whart, maybe you could try to actually damage a few records with the ultrasonic. What would it take or is it possible at all ?
Too low a frequency for too long; if the record doesn't rotate, the cavitation effect focused in one spot could cause damage. I think the literature on ultrasonic cleaning for industrial purposes (non-LP) could be a starting place to look at the risks, which might also include water temperature. I haven't really thought too much about how to damage but it's the flip side of not damaging; lewm raises a fair point about potential damage; we've all engaged in a leap of faith based on manufacturer statements and user anecdotal experience. That's not going to satisfy someone who wants "proof." If I had time, I could ask or explore more; there is a point where experience in cleaning metal parts doesn't translate, but I suppose if it damages metal it is bound to damage vinyl. 
Although,I wasn't trying, but left 2 different but brand new lps in my 40hz cleaner @ 45C for 45 minutes with my spinner off. When I realized it after those complete cycles, I put them through the exact same cycle with the spinner on, then listened. I heard nothing that concerned me.