Hegel H300 still worth getting?

Hi All,

I came upon a Hegel h300 at a good price. Since its an integrated amp with HT bypass I was wondering if they are still worth getting? Are they better than similar priced new integrated amp considering their better specs, i.e. 1K damping factor and etc.?

Thanks.
slash21
Post removed 
Hi All,

Just an update, I finally managed to find a H360. It is amazing so far, sounds really nice when warmed up.

@rbstehno , which DAC would you recommend to pair with the H360? Will it be a big improvement?

I have been playing with it using DLNA (Audirvana streaming) and also airplay. DLNA drops sometimes and is not very stable, I tried to look for a firmware update in the Hegel site but don’t see any.

Airplay does not seem to work from my macbook, could possibly be due to Airplay2 introduced. But in any case, DLNA streaming is better with less loss of data/quality.
At RMAF in the Hegel room a few years ago, I had them compare the h360 dac to their standalone dac, and their standalone dac was much better, and they will tell you that. 
After I looked at many dacs, I ended up getting the ps audio DS with the bridge. Highly reviewed, FPGA, free upgrades that improve performance every 6 months, can handle any format out there, no need for a dedicated music server since it has the bridge, top SQ, and more.
Hey guys,

Been playing around with my H360 and so quite happy with it.

However, I found a few issues with it. I am hearing a slight hum (60 hz) when I come close about 6 inches away. Apart from that I don't hear the hum, is this normal on your Hegels?

I also found the DLNA to be a bit sketchy, using audirvana... sometimes it loses network connection. But comes back after a few seconds...

Finally, using USB connection from my macbook, I find that it also loses connection for like a second or 2 and resumes playback. It fails to my macbook speakers and resume on the Hegel. Ok, I'm using some generic USB cable and that may be the reason. I've ordered some audioquest cables and waiting for delivery...

Did you guys notice any of these issues on your Hegel?

Thanks again...
It's not the DLNA causing the problem. That is as stable a platform as their is.

The problem is elsewhere, router, switch, service, cables, etc...

or it sounds like you need set a larger buffer via audionirvana

USB from Macbook is total garbage and Airplay is even worse garbage and I say this not to be critical at all but to help you out.

Ethernet is by far superior to either of those. If you must use USB and many prefer this then do yourself a favor and pick up a cheap used microRendu and a power it with a cheap used Uptone LPS and it will be 1,000 times better but better yet iron out that Ethernet DLNA because Ethernet is vastly superior. Like 100 to 1 better. Good luck...