Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo
The Lyngdorf units sound much better when used as a total system. Using another amp, regardless of the amp, deteriorates the sound in my experience. I have tried several tube amps, SS amps, and even Lyngdorf’s own 2400.  In the end something was lost and the magic was reduced. Sure at first you will notice differences and be enchanted, but over a period of a week or two when you go back to using the Lyngdorf completely you will quickly learn what I have.  The synergy and reduced complexity of the one box system with its short signal path and reduced cabling is the key. 

I dont blame you for trying, as I did, but over the last 3 years the above learnings have emerged. Just remember to let the amp section in the 3400 break in and be on for 12 hours before making any conclusions. 
@grannyring  I've been a SET fanatic for 20+ years,  The flexibility of using the TDAI 3400 as both a DAC, Roon Endpoint, 400w amplifier and preamp to feed my SET amp plus the room correction are the reasons I bought it.  I sometimes just feel like listening to certain music with a set amp and at times I crave the power from solid-state for bigger pieces of music. This solution allows me the best of both worlds using my Luxman AS-55 amp switcher to feed the Encores either tube and solid-state output effortlessly which is my main goal.  I'm all for the idea of TDAI-3400 replacing my SET amp, but I'm not holding my breath because on certain pieces of music the sound my amplifier produces is just glorious in the mid-range and excels on female vocals, jazz, small acoustic pieces.
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it this piece replaces my tube amplifier.

Jcarcopo,
I understand your predicament. I currently have a 300b SET and two tube class A/B push pull amplifiers. For what I listen to 90% of the time (acoustical jazz) the SET exceeds all prior types of amplifiers. It’s simply the most convincing, pure and realistic.

Jcarcopo, it seems based on Lyngdorf owner commentary this one box component could be the ultimate solution.unmatched convenience coupled with superb sound quality. You will soon find out if this applies to your circumstances and desires. Same scenario IMO with regard to waltersalas. I’m very curious to read both of your listening impressions.

If both of you decide to sell your respective SET amplifiers then it would seemingly confirm what current Lyngdorf owners have been enthusiastically posting. You may in fact end up being "pleasantly surprised"  time will tell.
Charles
@charles1dad Thanks Charles, won't be long to find out what's what. I kind of just want to keep the SET regardless because I spent way too much money for it which I'll likley never recoup (to say nothing of my rather large tube collection investment), additionally it's a beautiful piece, and more importantly it sounds phenomenal.