Butcher BLock Acoustics under turntable

Just purchased a VPI Prime Scout and am very happy with the sound.
I am looking for a platform to place underneath the table for isolation purposes.
I stumbled onto the site of Butcher Block Acoustics where they offer solid maple at 1 3/4 inches deep and
3 inches deep at custom lengths and widths. The pricing is extremely reasonable.
They claim their product is solid maple, which I have no reason to doubt.
Would solid maple by a good choice  for isolating my turntable from vibration?
The website is butcher block acoustics.com.
Thank you. 
128x128kjl1065
I have used 4" maple under my ScoutMaster when I had it. I prefer a sandbox. I have one under my Teres now. Having done a lot of experiment with footers, etc, mostly under my cdp, I can tell you that the material makes a difference in the sound. I suspect it also does with a TT.  IE, I use roller blocks under my CDP. The harder the ball's material, the more high frequencies are pronounced. Conversely, softer material, IE wooden balls extend the lower frequencies. My wife was surprised when I showed her the difference between the materials used. I say all that to voice my concern for stone. One caveat to my concern however is the weight of 165 lbs will certainly remove unwanted vibrations. AND IF your system tends to lack the high frequency extension, then maybe stone is a reasonable material. Everything is system/room dependent. There is no one size fits all.

There is a pretty comprehensive thread discussing maple butcher block under a VPI table.  Very recent.  Might want to search for it.  
Thanks for the heads up on this site. I've used Dawn's Platforms in the past. This site has many more options at good pricing. They say (sugar maple) and list a hardness factor. I believe Dawn's is (rock maple)? Don't know how much a factor there is in these different species. 
Great lead bpoletti, thanks! Anybody ever try the walnut platforms? I could certainly use the large one on top of my current sand filled stand. That would work out well since I also have a 5' x 14" x 2" thick solid slab that I'm planning to use at some point in the future to place my table & preamp on. Just wondering how walnut compares to maple in regard to sound quality.