Suggestions for an amp

It has been suggested that I should look at a different amp to get the best sound out of my speakers. 
I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A830. Front speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 8. 
I am mostly interested in something to provide the best sound while listening to music but also be decent for HT. I have an Orbit with a Grado Black 1 cartridge for vinyl. 
I am not looking at spending a ton of money and will definitely consider used (I am looking at several on this site). 
Many thanks!
128x128granburyspring
I run a Denon AVR-X4000 (a few years old) through a Parasound P5 pre-amp w/HT bypass and B&K EX-442 Sonata amp that puts 350 wpc through my 4 ohm Maggie MMGs.  The P5 also has an MM/MC phono stage.
Works quite nicely for both my HT and 2.1 channel listening. 
You could pick up a 442 and P5 for under a grand like I did - both in mint condition.
Problem solved. 
Silver 8s are not that difficult a load for a decent amp. I drove a pair with a Yamaha A-S500 - more power than you should ever need with those speakers, and that amp bested a $3500 Rogue Pharaoh in bass performance. Get a Yamaha A-S801, used A-S1000, or Outlaw RR2160. The Outlaw has to be the absolute best value going in modern integrateds, if you can get past its unconventional looks.
Thanks everyone for the help. As caphill said, some of these may be a bit higher than I was thinking about. Since I am new to this level of equipment, I'd like to summarize what I think you are all educating me on:

One advantage of an integrated amp over an AVR is the absence of all the processing. With the integrated amp I will get a cleaner more accurate rendering of the recording. I would be able to connect it with my existing AVR when I want to use the Monitor Audio's in my surround system. Is this pretty accurate?

I am assuming the "pure direct" option on the AVR doesn't bring it anywhere near the level of the integrated amp option though Yamaha claims it bypasses all the various other sound options available on the AVR and the associated noises.

Here is where I still have some confusion. The manufacturer specs say the speakers are rated for 40 - 175 watts RMS @ 6 ohms.

Why wouldn't some of the lesser cost amps drive them well.
The Musical Fidelity M3si is rated at 85 wrms.
The Cambridge Audio Azur 840a V2 is at 120 wrms. I also looked at the Outlaw suggested earlier and a Cambridge Audio CXA60. These are all priced more comfortably for me and fit well within the range suggested by Monitor Audio.
I don't listen to my music terribly loud...what is the advantage of going to the much more powerful amps suggested?
Again, thanks for helping out a novice.

The suggestions for integrated are really if you have separate sources (such as a dedicated DAC and/or turntable).  In that situation, an integrated would do better because of the superior preamp in the integrated.

If you are going to use the Yamaha receiver as the source for all music listening, then an "Integrated" may not really help because the sound is still generated by the Yamaha receiver "DAC" and still goes through the Yamaha "preamp circuits".  If you are doing this, your best bet is to just get an external amp and connect it to the "preamp outputs" of the Yamaha receiver.

With an integrated, you are paying for both a "preamp" and an "amplifier".  A straight dedicated amplifier would be cheaper and allow you to focus on finding a more powerful amp.

The Cambride 850A integrated is a very nice integrated - maybe not quite as nice as Hegel, but a very refined sound.  And not as powerful as Hegel.  But like I said, if you still use the Yamaha receiver as your primary DAC/preamp, I would not bother getting an integrated.

The "Pure Direct" mode in receivers is somewhat more of a marketing thing.  It does bypass all the "processing" stages, which include EQ and crossover/bass management.  However, in the Yamaha receivers I have tested, it actually sound better with Pure Direct turned off.  I think it goes through one more set of preamps and create a fuller/smoother sound.  The "Pure Direct" mode was thin sounding and very sterile / solid-state sounding.  Just my opinion.

Soooooo. if you are going to still use the Yamaha receiver as DAC and preamp for all music listening, then start looking for a nice high current amplifier.   The Parasound A23 is nice, but a little light on brute force and will be on the warm side of neutral with soft high frequency response.  Something like my Emotiva's I mentioned above would be faster and higher resolution, or an Emotiva SA-250 on Audiogon.  Wyred 4 Sound SX500 if you want the clean Class D type sound.

Thoughts?

My plan was to use the integrated to bypass the HT. 
I would be listening to vinyl and probably CD’s through the integrated and movies/cable with the HT. 
Even though the Hegel seems to be a very good deal at $1600...it is simply more than I planned on spending at this time.