Suggestions for an amp

It has been suggested that I should look at a different amp to get the best sound out of my speakers. 
I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A830. Front speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 8. 
I am mostly interested in something to provide the best sound while listening to music but also be decent for HT. I have an Orbit with a Grado Black 1 cartridge for vinyl. 
I am not looking at spending a ton of money and will definitely consider used (I am looking at several on this site). 
Many thanks!
128x128granburyspring

The Music Fidelity M3si is a fine piece, but it is a little light in the power supply for these specific speakers.  I'm sure it would work fine, but the M5si would be a better choice. 

Both the M5si and Hegel H160 are about in the same price and league.  Music Fidelity is going to be very smooth and refined, but soft, however very smooth and pleasant to listen to.  The Hegel is going to be highly detailed and revealing, more air and resolution.  It depends on what you think you want.  My own personal tastes go towards the detailed/resolution side.

How about the Parasound a23 Halo? 
I see several listed here as well. Seems to have the power needed. 
My experience also says not to mess around with lower end amplifiers.  Seems like a lot of good advice in this thread.  I tried three “budget” options before getting a Levinson 333 from this site.  It’s a good place to really spend enough to know you have the best option for your system.
@grandburyspring

The Parasound Halo A23 is a stereo power amp, not a stereo integrated amp. If you get the A23, you will still end up using your Yamaha receiver as a preamp and DAC. You will need a good quality stereo integrated amp such as the Hegel H160, Musical Fidelity M5si, M6si, Rotel RA-1592, Parasound Halo Integrated, etc.

Well, it's all about budget.  We are suggesting that the OP pay a lot more than he is willing.  If he wants to, great!  But budget is always a constraint.  Parasound A23 is okay, but be aware that it's on the warm side.  And yes, you still need to use the receiver as a preamp.