Suggestions for an amp

It has been suggested that I should look at a different amp to get the best sound out of my speakers. 
I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A830. Front speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 8. 
I am mostly interested in something to provide the best sound while listening to music but also be decent for HT. I have an Orbit with a Grado Black 1 cartridge for vinyl. 
I am not looking at spending a ton of money and will definitely consider used (I am looking at several on this site). 
Many thanks!
128x128granburyspring
Are you looking for a replacement receiver?  Or an external amplifier to connect to the Yamaha preamp outputs?

Those monitor audio Silver 8 will drop down to pretty low impedance in some areas of the bass/midbass.  If you wanted a different receiver, try to get the biggest heaviest receiver possible.  Maybe used if it's in your price range, like a used Yamaha RX-A3060 or something.  Denon has large receivers as well. 

Ultimately, you might be better getting a dedicated amp with a big power supply to drive those Monitor Audio.  It's going to perform much better than any receiver.  Maybe Emotiva if your budget is low.  Or look into an Odysse Audio amp.