Spotify or Pandora

A relative pointed out two music download websites: Spotify and Pandora. I don't know anything about music downloads. But I was hoping to stream hi-rez original artist oldies. I tried one selection on Spotify and it sounded like MP3 quality and didn't seem like original artists were singing.

Please advise. I would love to stream in hi-rez oldies from the 50s and 60s, but don't know if Spotify or Pandora are good sources.

Thanks
bifwynne
Post removed 
Post removed 
Glad I found this thread today. I was a Pandora early adopter, and been on their first level upgrade ($3.99/mo for ad free) for awhile. Because of radio style restrictions (even more since they introduced premium) I was looking at possible upgrade.

So, long story not as long, set-up trial accounts with Tidal and Spotify today. I've been listening  at work using very basic Sony headphones. IMHO Tidal clearly superior SQ compared to either Spotify or Pandora. Actually I can't tell much difference between those two.

Looking forward to running Tidal into DAC at home and listening through much higher quality cans. Just my 2 cents.

Happy Listening! 
Post removed 
Perhaps it's been mentioned that Spotify and Tidal offer one month free trials.