Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter
I had a relatively high end tube preamp, which resulted in a hum through my 104 db efficient speakers, with this amp. The combo was fine with less efficient speakers. Same occurrence with a ss preamp, in both cases. Because of it’s high gain, it is a possibility noise can be a problem. The noise is not from the amp, as it is dead quiet. The other thing would be a very small amount of adjustment via the pre’s volume control. I love the amp though, and went passive. Some folks added a volume control ( a simple passive unit, something you said you did not want to do ) between their pre and the amp, to cut back the gain, and are quite happy. Enjoy ! MrD.
Sort of a newbie question:  I’m thinking of buying a second STA-200 in case I decide to add a second system to my house. In the meantime, is there a way to use both amps as monoblocks?  I could rebuild the x-overs on my diy speakers to biwire and run one amp for tweeters and another for woofers, but I’m not sure how I might run one amp per channel.
The STA 200 is not bridgeable, meaning you cannot combine both channels to make a single higher wattage amp ( usually impedance capability changes with the amp when you do this ). However, when you separate the crossover of the speaker, as you suggest, you can either horizontally biamp ( passively ), or vertically biamp ( again passively ), with 2 amps. Your example would be horizonal passive biamping. Each of 1 amps channels running the woofers, the other amps channels running the rest. Vertical ( which I prefer, based on my own listening ), would be each amplifier " dedicated " to 1 speaker, 1 channel to woofer, 1 channel to rest of speaker. This all works well when both stereo amps are the same. I hope this helps. Enjoy ! MrD.
Thanks MrD.  With vertical bi-amping, what happens (if anything) to stereo imaging if both R and L channels are powering the drivers in one speaker?