Technics 1200 Critic Fremer Praises the newer 1200G

Michael Fremer the critic of older Technics 1200s praises the newer 1200g
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/technics-direct-drive-sl-1200g-turntable
vinny55
I think drewan77 said it correctly with the word "flabby" when referring to the sound of some other turntables.  thats the perfect description.  Well said.
The newer Technics tables look nice. I saw them at the 2018 APOXNA show. I own 2 Linn LP12 tables and the VPI Prime table. So I’m tabled out. 😂 😂 
...My criticism: $4000 is still a lot of moolah - unless you are in the top 10% of wage earners! So I will just make do with my vintage 1200 (maybe get a new mat!).

The SL1200 debuted in 1968 for about $350. Adjusted for inflation, that's about $2534 in today's money. Given the improvements in features, build quality, and performance, $4K for the new version isn't so out of line, and the price of the SL1200 GR is spot-on, adjusted for inflation.
In practice the SL1200G is the most speed stable turntable in production right now.

This is not true.
What is the SL1200G's peak deviation from perfect 33-1/3rpm as actually measured at the platter - not a crystal oscillator spec, not with a test record? 

What is the drive controller's feedback system?  How many times per second is platter speed read and  how many times per second can it be corrected?