Stillpoints under a turntable?

Are any of you using stillpoint mini's under your TT? How's it working?
Thanks
schiss
@slaw 

@stringreen 

Based on the discussion thus far concerning Stillpoints and please correct me if I am wrong, I get the impression that the idea behind them is to dissipate vibration from the TT to the stand and is why you maintain that rubber between the stand and the TT is a bad idea, correct?

If that is the case, my problem stems from basically both directions. I have vibration that should be dissipated to the base via rubber-less feet but also have vibration from my cabinet that I want to protect my TT from.

So what I did today was purchase 3 squash balls that I placed under the granite slab in a effort to isolate the slab and TT from the cabinet. I guess you could say that I now have air suspension between the slab and the oak top.

And the TT passed my first test, the tap test, where I place a record on the TT, do not start the motor then drop the stylus onto the record. I then lightly tap the plinth, granite and then the oak top. As is logical, the tap on the plinth is audible as is the granite but to a lesser degree. Before Squash Balls, tapping on the oak top was audible and now it is not. So it seems to me that I have made some progress. I did a quickie listing test and my tell there is clarity of voices in complex music. I use the Rolling Stones "Get Your Ya Ya's Out" for that purpose. If I can clearly discern Mick and the lyrics then I feel I have made progress. That was clearly the case this afternoon.

So am I correct on my thinking concerning how Stillpoints work? @stringreen, I am thinking that you were looking for the same sort of mechanism by using the Bearpaws....
@tirebiter,

You just described the effects of a "band aid", my friend.

At once, the addition of your "squash balls" …. seems to achieve results one is looking for. This is where some make a big mistake. 

The definition of a "band aid" in audio terms = a product that seemingly addresses a specific problem at first.. but in the end, only has no affect on the initial problem, after extensive listening.

Stillpoints, being a sort of 'ball 'n' cup' device, and given the material they are made of, defuse vibrations coming from all avenues, and expel those vibrations efficiently and effectively. This IS the difference between a brass cone and a Stillpoint product.

@tirebiter,

I'm only guessing here but I assume the Bearpaws on stringreen's TT are more useful because it's a (solid) product. Since a rim drive is a less forgiving drive as opposed to a belt, (solid) feet make more sense.