Grado Sonata Cartridge vs. Rega Ania

I recently listened to a friend’s new Rega P6 turntable/cartridge setup with the Rega Ania MC cartridge.
I was blown away by it’s definition compared to my setup. I use the Grado Sonata cartridge with a significantly modified RP3 Rega turntable, now roughly comparable to the P6.
Has anyone had any experience with the Ania cartridge? I’m seriously considering changing from my Grado MM to it after hearing my friends set. It’s output is 3.5 uV, compared to my 5.0 uV. I’m wondering if that’s too significant a drop in output.
I love the Grado, but I just don’t think it has the definition of the Rega.
Or, can someone suggest another excellent cartridge in the $800 price range?
128x128rvpiano
I have a Grado Sonata and a few other MM and MI cartridges; two that I have that I prefer over the Sonata, for the sonic characteristics it seems you seek, are a Nagaoka MP200 and an Ortofon Black. The Nagaoka is very, very smooth and easy on the ear, but with plenty of bandwidth, and I like it for rock, classical and light jazz. The Black is an extremely detailed cartridge and is great for massed strings and complex passages. Some find it overly clinical but it certainly gets out what’s in the groove. I’ve been trying to settle on an overall performer but my current preference goes to the Nagaoka, truly an unsung brand among current cartridge manufacturers.
@orpheus10 In my opinion....

I'm talking about accurate reproduction of the information recorded in the groove.  You're talking about colorations and distortions, masking of information.  I want to hear what's in the groove, not be romanced by some awkward resonances and lack of detail.

Of course, this may be exactly what you like.  If that's your opinion and listening preference, so be it.  My opinion and listening preferences differ.  We can both enjoy vinyl playback in our own way.

Happy listening.  
I wrote to Conrad-Johnson regarding the feasibility of matching my PV 11 preamp with the Ania cartridge.  The response was as follows:

”Yes, 3.5 uV output would be sufficient to run PV-11.”

I don’t know how accurate that answer is though.

@rvpiano
FYI, 350uv=.35mv. I can’t see how that is enough voltage for the mm phono stage of the Conrad-Johnson PV-11.
Maybe I'm missing something?