Speed accuracy- how accurate is accurate?

Certainly, running at 33.333333333333 . . .  with a stylus in the groove is ideal. Running an iPhone app I just discovered (RPM), I'm running about 33.55 or 33.56. Table is an LP12 with an 18 year old Lingo. Everything sounds OK- is it ok? 
128x128zavato
(warning: reddit formatting for forum readability!)

I'll share my experience with the iPhone app (RPM, and Turntabulator) on my iPhone X.  I decided to setup a Clearaudio Concept I'm evaluating.  The Clearaudio provides the ability to use set screws to tweak the speed.

So, I set the iPhone X top touching the platter pin, and gave it a spin.  I then tweaked until I was nailing 33.33 RPM.

I then decided to lay the iPhone "sideways" on the platter, and RPM showed a different speed in each place.  Sometimes off by quite a bit (~35.4 RPM)

So, I went back to the first way, and decided to play a reference song of mine ("Nutshell" by Alice in Chains from Unplugged). I know that song cold, and have heard it on systems literally costing $500k plus both digital and analog.

I was dismayed to hear the Laine's voice sounded high pitched, and everything sounded off.  How was this possible when RPM said the turntable was running pretty damned nice at 33.33 RPM?

Frustrated, I then took out my trusty "The Ultimate Analogue Test LP", and played a 1kHz tone from side 1, track 1.  I used "n-Track Tuner" which is an app made for guitar / instrument tuning...  1056Hz?!  Jesus!

So I decided to tune the 33 1/3 RPM speed of the Concept down until it showed about 1000Hz for the 1000Hz tone.  Once done, I re-played my reference Alice in Chains track... perfect.  :)
Your phone weighs much more than the vinyl and slows down your table. When you put the vinyl on it run too fast.
Post removed 
Hugely important - hard to achieve 🎶 once you’ve heard it - hard to go back 

Good Listening 

Peter