What time do you wear?

What watch, if any, graces your wrist? Does time matter? You know: time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Either way.
khrys
@inna- funny, I just mentioned you in another thread about ultrasonic record cleaning that I hadn’t seen you post for a while.

I’m not a heavy wristwatch collector- I’m aware of the market and have a few odds and ends, an old Rolex, a fancy chronograph from Cartier that I bought years ago, when I gave my wife a smaller vintage one; my daily, if and when I wear a watch, something I only do now if I get out of my pajamas and actually get dressed all proper like to go somewhere, is a Panerai. That thing has taken a beating- it was really slammed in a motorcycle crash a decade or more ago, and the factory rebuild it for what seemed, at the time, to be a fairly low price.
Cool collector hobby- some of the serious vintage and modern watches are fabulous pieces of design or mechanical engineering. I’m not really up on it; you can have something that tells time for cheap or have something that is really a piece of art.
Whart,
Yeah, I have been reading but not posting, just not much to say. Besides, as you can see, kids need new shoes which means I am completely out of audiophile funds. I myself would probably go with certified used watch, but someone says no way - new only. Okay..
And I definitely want to stay under $6k, even that is in fact beyond my means. Well, I'll have to partly finance it, I guess.
I took a look at Panerai. Italian with Swiss movement. I think, he won't like the design, too expensive too.
Interestingly, great watch costs as little as great cables or cartridge..
Well, watched many videos on youtube, don’t have impressions in person yet.
Classic Breitlings look like vintage airplane parts you can drive nails with. Transocean is nice but too nice and incomplete design for my taste. Navytimer looks good but won’t do for this occasion.
Omega makes no impression at all, any of them.
I guess, I would most likely have to go with Rolex Oyster 19 with dark rhodium dial. Damn, I’d have to live with no audio upgrades for about...three years at least, probably five. I’ll manage, no doubt.
Post removed