Mytek Dac going Ac to DC power.

Feed back on those who Gone DC to power the Audio component's. As there's a number of AC/DC

power converters on the market place. BUT! SOME REALLY DON'T MEET a true Audiophile sonic bench mark.

Look forward to those who  HAVE gone DC.

tubes444
The Astron RS12A sounds really interesting. I've been looking for an external power supply for the Brooklyn DAC+. I'm a bit naive here, but can someone explain how I would attach the Astron to the Brooklyn? Specifically, how do I go from the Astron to the circle 12V input on the Mytek?

bigshutterbug

Feeding the MYTEK Brooklyn Dac 12V DC  needs up to 3>to5 Amps

to get Max Dynamic/ transit attacks responses. "Their Tech guy said to me". 

Hmm!  22 gauge fine Ox free copper stranded may not do it.

bigshutterbug

I know mention trying other high PS. But" I would really like to

know what brand" . Why! several makers will send you one to

audition. Your feed back will save me the effort on those brands

as with any VERY GOOD PS to 12V DC their noise floor and

their EMI/IM + very low ripple is what is important with a very good audio system, of course you already know.

The Astron RS12A puts out 10 amps. The Mytek draws a constant 1.5 amps. I never saw it peak out any higher than that when in use. It does not create any problems using 22 ga. wire, unless you are using a long run, which is not suggested. My wire is less than 2 feet. The DC wire is certainly a "tuning point" for me, and different types/gauges certainly change the tone. I urge you to experiment until you find one that gives you the best synergy in your system. 

Some of the audiophile power supplies I had tried were the HD Plex 100, the Keces, the Vinnie Rossi Mini Pure DC-4EVR (ultracapacitor powered), and a Teradak power supply. Some of them may look nicer and have better specs. than the Astron, but my ears tell me which sound better, and that is all I care about. The low price is a bonus too.