Mytek Dac going Ac to DC power.

Feed back on those who Gone DC to power the Audio component's. As there's a number of AC/DC

power converters on the market place. BUT! SOME REALLY DON'T MEET a true Audiophile sonic bench mark.

Look forward to those who  HAVE gone DC.

tubes444
The model I have been using is an Astron RS12A. Keep the 12V DC lead as short as possible. The type of wire used can make a very noticeable difference in tone, speed, clarity and extension in the highs. I have tried dozens of different types of wire, from stranded, solid core, copper, silver plated and pure silver. They all sound much different. I did not like the sound from the heavier gauge wires, or any solid core wire. Heavy gauge wire make things sound darker. 22 gauge stranded copper seemed to have very good balance. Experiment for yourself and your taste. The ultra-pure, expensive wires did not sound any better. Keep it simple. 
I'm using Monster cable's finely stranded 14 gauge speaker cable. If I can find them in my bag of goodies I'm going to try snap on ferrite cores. 

bigshutterbug

What highend $$ AC/DC brand names did you audition that didn't

meet your SONIC demands over the AstronS12a??

p.s. how many watts dose it putout.

The Astron RS12A sounds really interesting. I've been looking for an external power supply for the Brooklyn DAC+. I'm a bit naive here, but can someone explain how I would attach the Astron to the Brooklyn? Specifically, how do I go from the Astron to the circle 12V input on the Mytek?