Best vintage amps (late 70s / early 80s) under $3k?

The golden age of audio was arguably the late 70s / early 80s, when corporations were willing to dump a ton of money into R&D / materials to make the best equipment possible. The downside to owning equipment from this period now is possible refurbishment and maintenance costs, but it seems good deals can still be had.

Wondering if you guys had recommendations of great sounding amps from this era? Ideally I'm looking for something that's 100W minimum, doesn't run hot, and under $3000 second hand.

I already have a fully refurbished late 70s Pioneer M-22 that outputs 30W into 8ohms. I love this amp, but being Class A it's like a radiator and not suitable for Southern California's summer months in a smallish room. More power would also be good as my speaker efficiency is 89.5db. I listen to many genres of music, so the amp needs to be a good all-rounder.

My current chain:

Turntable: Technics 1210M5G w/ AudioMods tonearm and Lyra Delos MC cart
Phono stage: Avid Pulsus
DAC: RME ADI-2 Pro
Preamp: Schiit Saga
Amp: Pioneer M-22
Speakers: Prana Fidelity Bhava
Subs: Rythmik L12
128x128pts
tomic601, I have no doubt you use your CC2 sometimes, and I know it well. It is not to the level of whatever " main " amp you are using, or you would be using it in your main system. Most of the amps mentioned in this thread, and a point I made, is that none of these amps that are mentioned, are amplifiers that are used as the " primary " amp in the main systems by all of the posters, including the many amps " I still own ". Enjoy ! MrD.. 
Post removed 
Mr D:   But I understand you have a “new favorite” with the NUforce STA200.  I’m curious, to compare notes, does it equal or best your previous favorite?  Increasingly, after only 40 hrs run time on the STA200’s, I will find it difficult to place the recommended Class A Creeks back in pocket or beloved HK Citation II’s, which are about as tweaked out as these can get.  They are different, the Creek brighter and more precise, the Citations a bigger soundstage that feels more live.  A complete new set of Mundorf Premium EVO Silver/gold/oil caps for each Citation runs > $500, or the cost of a new STA200 on sale at AA.  ???  Such is the cost of messing with the old gems.  To my old ear, the STA-200’s do more of both.  Its just another two steps up to “bring them up”.  Go figure, old dog doing new tricks.  It is NOT easy jumping into a new Vet when the 65 looks so nostalgic and turns more heads, I think that is part of what held me back.  You can’t deny the 65 looks fantastic when completely tweaked out, however also cannot deny the new one can kick its butt in raw performance.   In the end isn’t that what we want?  Sounding better to our own ears.   Unless what drives you is nastalga and collecting.  And many do follow this as their compas.  Had it not been for extensive user reviews by others, I would have never considered it.  Maybe its the glow of the tubes.  I’m after performance which is why the STA 200’s are destined to be my daily driver.  I’ll park the Citations for nastalga.  Hell they were built in 1960, was just 8 yrs old.  Like old friends.  They have required two major rebuilds over their life.   But as we age we deserve a new ride, that is reliable, and don’t need rust protection or an engine rebuild, so go buy em.  As you stated, can always send em back.
Check out the Luxman M-4000. I owned one years ago and it was outstanding! 180 watts 8 ohms and 360 into 4 ohms!
www.thevintageknob.org/luxman-M-4000.html

My atmospheres are used in my primary system.    I don't have more than one system even though usually I have enough gear to do three of them.