Fidelity Research cartridges

Any FR cartridge experts out there? Raul? Dertonarm? Syntax?
I have had an FR-7 which I bought a while ago. I tried it ever so briefly when I got it on an arm I now recognize as not being able to handle that weight (close, but no cigar). I just now pulled it out for kicks and after getting it adjusted with the big counterweight, I am VERY pleasantly surprised. Actually, I'm feeling kind of bubbly. It does not dig out the utmost in detail, but it just sounds very right.

Are there any other FR carts out there which are real steals if still in good condition? I know the MC-702 and the FR-1Mk2 and Mk3f by name, with good reps being assigned to the Mk3 and the MC-702. Given that the MC-702 and the FR-7 look quite similar, and they were offered at about the same time, what is different? And is the FR-7 just an integrated headshell version of the FR-1Mk3?
t_bone
Ok, time to give some update since this thread has been revived and almost 4 years have passed since my vintage MC Cartridge mini-shootout review. Thanks to Chakster for finding that review.
Firstly, I was able to listen to the Ikeda 9C III again with Ikeda headshell and Ikeda headshell wires. This time, I preferred the 9C III to the FR7fz.
I've also added a SPU 85th Anniversary which is now the best SPU in my inventory. Finally, I moved from the Koetsu Coralstone Platinum to the Koetsu Coralstone Diamond Platinum which has a diamond cantilever. This is now my reference cartridge. All of the attributes of the original Coralstone Platinum but with more detail and PRAT. 
I'm still hunting for a Ikeda 9R, 9REX or 9 MUSA as I really like the cantileverless Ikeda 9 sound.
Additionally, I also have a Sony XL-55 Pro. It was nice but not better than the FR7fz in my system. If anyone is interested, I'm willing to part with it.
Finally, the cartridges that get most used in my system are :
- Koetsu Coral Diamond Platinum
- Ikeda 9C III
- FR7fz
- SPU 85th Anniversary
- Acoustical Systems Archon Cartridge
- Technics EPC100 Mk IV

FWIW
@ddriveman nice, that 85th Anniversary has the most attractive look of all SPU, the finishing is superb. 

So the damper of your Technics stylus for EPC100 mk4 was fine? 
Yes, the SPU 85th anniversary has the Urushi body. Really nice. My firend has the SPU 95th Anniversary. he likes it a lot and prefers it over my 85th Anniversary. But I prefer my 85th Anniversary on my system and his system. The 95th has a "modern" sound compared to the 85th but I preferred the vintage SPU house sound.
Damper on my Technics EPC100Mk4? Not sure if there was a problem? Plays and sounds fine.
Dear friends, since i bought the uber rare FR-7fz i have to rise some funds for this expensive hobby. If anyone interested in my FR-7f in exellent condition let me know. I will keep only one cart for myself, another one looking for new home.

The sunlight was nice today to make a picture of it:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37958622_2358568874161266_3769234174796365824_n.jpg?_n...
Dear ddriveman, I have read and reread your ''mini-shootout''
many times. The reason is ''obvious''. It is very satisfying to
see confirmation of our own opinion or judgment. In addition the
price comparison between the winners made me feel as a very
smart person (grin). I noticed the mentioning of Ikeda 9 C, mk III
which was, alas, not possible to adjust optimal during the test.
But the ''injustice'' done to the ''poor thing'' is corrected by your 
addendum. However you deed not vote for the FR-7fz as equal
to your (beloved?) Coral stone so your praise of the 9C,mk III
above the FR-7 FZ is not very convincing. I myself have no problem
at all to love Maria equal to Silvia despite their different qualities.
In this sense I love my FZ equal to my C9,mk II. However i just
got the REX. The latest of Ikeda's cantileverless kinds. So I
fall in love as never before and forget Maria as well Silvia.
I seem to agree with ''American Marx'': ''If you don't like my
principle I have other''...