Parasound JC 3+ Phono Preamp Hum

I know hum problems have been discussed ad nauseam on this board, but after trying a few different things, I have been unable to find a solution. I recently purchased a used JC3+ to replace a PS Audio GCPH with Underwood Mods. Although the GCPH had some hum, the volume had to be turned up to past 50% before it was audible.

With the JC3+ I get a low hum at 25% and loud hum at 50% volume. What I am describing is with everything on, no record playing.

The SL1200G TT is grounded to the JC3+. I’ve tried the following: 1. Added a ground wire from the TT to the integrated chassis, a Cayin A-88T Mk II. 2. Changed cables from TT to JC3+. 3. Changed cables from Integrated to JC3+. 4. Plugged JC3+ directly to wall outlet. 5. Changed to AC polarity on the JC3+ via the switch on the back from normal to invert. 6. I’ve tried using no ground wires.

Due to my cabinet configuration, power cables and audio cables run parallel and close to each other. There is no way I can arrange them to be perpendicular to each other.

If I lift the tonearm and let it fall back on the cradle, I can hear the echo or bump through the speakers.

My cartridge is a Hana SL.
Cables: TT to preamp, Silnote Morpheus
preamp to Integrated, Morrow MA4 (and tried AQ King Cobra)

Everything is plugged into a rather inexpensive, basic Belkin PF30 power strip.
I have been considering upgrading to a AQ Niagra 1000. Not sure if that would help with the hum.

The JC3+ is definitely a better sounding preamp than the GCPH . I can’t hear the hum when playing music, but I’m quite disappointed that the JC3+ hums louder than the GCPH.

Again, I know hums have been discussed to death, but any ideas or suggestions for my specific problem would be appreciated.
Eric

ericsch
@ericsch Getting closer. Short both inputs on the JC3+ again. Pull the JC3+ out and place it somewhere in front of the Cayin, or hold it in your hands if you have too. Use a spare RCA cable (not the pair that runs parallel to AC cords) and connect the JC3+’s outputs to Cayin’s inputs. Turn everything on, hum still there?
I will try this tomorrow afternoon, I'm busy for the rest of the day. Thanks.  
@invictus005 Are you suspecting as I was in my earlier post, that the unit is sitting in the hum field of a power transformer?
Post removed