DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
mapman, no disrespect but have you really been pretending to be an engineer ever since you joined Audiogon? I like the way you jump right into a discussion after being away/asleep for a few weeks with a simple +1. That takes a lot of engineering skill. 😛
Prof is also always very polite and respectful even in situations that might not command that.   Almarg too.   I wish I coukd be as patient and respectful of all as those two. 

Anyhow in reponse to the OP yes cables matter.  No sound using components without them.   Also they do not always sound the same.  That's it in a nutshell. 
Gk thank you for the kind words.  As for the not so kind ones, guess  what?   It doesn't matter what you think. 

Roachie
Great poetry man!  For you cables DO matter and I share your passion for the music. I'm sure we would have fun celebrating Montiverdi and alot of the Dorian Catalog over a good port. We would just let cables slide...