Speaker Choice for Almarro 318B

Guys, I'm a budding audiophile looking to jump up to tube amps after a few years with an Arcam/B&W integrated combo. I've become smitten with the Almarro 318B integrated tube amp and now I'm in the market for some affordable speakers that will suit the amp better than my B&W DM 602 S3 speakers. The room is approx 14'X 16', hardwood floors with a small area rug, celings are approx 10' high. Speakers will need to be placed close to the wall. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that veers from noise rock to experimental electro acoustic to HEAVY avant metal ala Sunn O))) to more traditional things like PJ Harvey and Radiohead. I'm in need of a good speaker recommendation. I've been looking into Green Mountain Audio Europas, Zu Tones, Gallo Ref 3.1s, and the Omega Super XRS speakers. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If I had the cash I would get the GMA Callistos based on reputation, or the Zu Druids, but I don't think I even have the space for these speakers. I am leaning toward a used pair of Europas for $650 shipped. Should I take the plunge? Please help! I want a speaker that will be a noticeable step up from my current setup...Will the GMA Europas mix well with the Almarro 318B? Thanks!
mbleming
the almarro is a nice(if limited) amp, but all the speakers you are naming(including your b&w's which are really good)benefit greatly from more power or grunt. you may want to look into omegas or other super efficent models, or look into a push/pull design and keep the b&w's. finding the speakers you want to live with, and then working backwards is the best way to go.
Jaybo, the A318B will have no problem with the Zu Tones. The Tones are rated at 96dB/12ohms, an easy load for for tube amps.

I owned the A31A & A318B for several months and drove a range of speakers with them including 90dB/4ohm Jean Marie Reynaud Twins mkII's. The A318B was fantastic with the Twins within reasonable limitations.
Thanks for the responses guys, so I see it looks like a no go on the GMA Europas...damn, I thought $650 sounded like a good price and match for the amp...I need greater sensitivity with the 318B? I'm new to tube amps, so I'm not entirely sure what the rules of thumb are on speaker matching. I should go no lower than about 91dB?
Your room is moderate sized and if you want anything close to realistic levels, I would try and stay with 90 dB or higher. Just as important as overall efficiency is the impedence curve. Are there any frequencies at which the impedence drops significantly? You can always use Zero autoformers if that's the case, but a 6 ohm or greater nominal impedence and a smooth impedence curve will indicate an easy to drive speaker. Looking at the Europa spec, its 5.25 ohms, very smooth curve, sensitivity 88 dB. You might try it with the autoformers, or it could be OK if you don't push it hard. I would say you are right on the edge, but there are other good higher eff speakers out there that MIGHT be a better match. I only heard that amp once at a show, but it sounded great with some very good, high eff horns.