Any ideas in speaker choices would be great

I am looking to upgrade my current speakers. (Ultra highend guys no laughing)currently I am using a set of Dahlquist DQ10's. For me the sound stage is great with an excellent dimension width and depth as most albums and CDs the vocals and music seems 10-15 feet behind the speakers.

The main problem is the footprint size and second, they are not efficient. I currently run muse 150 mono blocks (SS) with a Quicksilver full function tube preamp thus the efficiency is not that much of an issue however as I move around alot physical space is becomes an issue more often. I would like to find a replacement that that is much thinner in size but doesnt hit me in the face with sound, and ofcourse I would NOT like to spend $15,000.

After several years of enjoying and hauling around the DQ10's I remember what the previous owner said to me as I bought them from him "I love the sound and unless you want to spend 5 grand or more you wont find anything that can compares for the money...but I just dont have the room for them anymore". Well I am not there yet and I could spend 5 grand or more but dont want to be disapointed with the stage and so on... just to save some floor space and spend alot of money. So like I started this any ideas would be great as I would like to find a higher end used pair but will consider all options. I would like to spend 2K but will spend up 5k as my amps are only class "B". Please give me your thoughts and thanks for reading.
growler7
Growler7, congrats on the Alon's.
Tell us how they compare to your DQ-10s.
What amp and preamp are you using?
I have a pair of DQ 10 fully upgraded by MillerSound in Lansdale Pa and they are indeed amazing. I have Magnepan 20Rs as my main speakers for comparison and I obviously love the type of sound they both give. And they both benefit from mega power and current. I am driving them with a pair of CJ Premier 8As with the rhBackert conversion, and V-Caps producing 200watts per side of all Class A NOS RCA 6550 tube power, with phenomenal results. As far as the footprint of the DQ 10s, I just picked up a pair of Audio Physic Virgo II's. They are every bit as good as the DQ 10s in openess transients etc and scarily close to the MG 20's FWIW.