Wet Cleaning records makes things worse?

Hi guys,

I've been working my way through the record collection I inherited from my Dad - lots of fun and the records are pristine.  I usually only need to dust them with a brush and then lightly wipe them off with a microfibre to get the remnants and this seems to work well for 19 out of 20 records. 

However, when I come across a record that is particularly dusty I'll wipe it down with Pfan-Stat on a microfibre cloth.  It looks clean but when i play it, a little dust ball will build up on the needle rather quickly.  Then i need to clean the needle after each song.  It seems to only happen when I clean with Pfan-Stat.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the Pfan-Stat just loosening the dust and i need to fully remove it some other way? Is there an inexpensive way to deep clean the records even though they 'look' clean?  Would there be a benefit to this?

Thanks!!!
leemaze
Having recently started purchasing some old records from my youth I find myself in a very similar predicament. Although I clean all these with a GD and a manual wipe and rinse I still get the accumulation of dust bunnies on the stylus. Since my cartridge uses a fine line stylus I have come of the opinion that no matter what cleaning system one uses deeply embedded fine dust remains in the deepest recesses of the groove. After going thru all the hassles of cleaning the stylus after every track I found I have no more issues with dust bunnies on subsequent play. Although I'm sure it' not optimal for the stylus there is not much else I can think of to take care of this issue. This does not happen with my vynil that I've purchased new back in the day and cleaned before every play. So I think not everyone in the day cleaned their records as I did.
gillatgh
Having recently started purchasing some old records from my youth I find myself in a very similar predicament. Although I clean all these with a GD and a manual wipe and rinse I still get the accumulation of dust bunnies on the stylus. Since my cartridge uses a fine line stylus I have come of the opinion that no matter what cleaning system one uses deeply embedded fine dust remains in the deepest recesses of the groove.
If you properly and thoroughly clean a record, there won't be any dust remaining in the grooves. I use an ultrasonic cleaner and I only rarely clean my stylus. Even then, there's no visible dust - I just do it as a precaution.
I'm glad to hear that even the most affordable record cleaning machines along with their fluids, do a good job at cleaning records. I remember in the old days when people would use a Disc-Washer block/pad along with its horrible cleaning fluid to clean their records. Many would use way to much of the fluid and saturate the record grooves. The pad would take only so much of this fluid off the record. When the stuff dried, it would leave a residue that would make the grooves unbelievably noisy, and that residue was very hard to get out if not down right impossible.
The new Pro-Ject cleaner seems to be really well thought through.

I’m planning on making a DIY stand, similar to the Gem Dandy to use in my sink as a holder/spinner to rinse lps after I steam them.
Slaw- Careful DON'T steam your records while in the GD DIY stand they more likely will warp! at least mine did