Pass Labs vs Mark Levinson vs Parasound - best 2 channel amp used under $2,500?

I am in the market to to replace my dead Chapter Two ss amp.  My system includes a SAS Audio tube preamp, Metronome tube CD player, Oppo Blue Ray, Talon Raven C speakers, Saturn dual 12" sub, Integra AV processor, Eastern Electric tube phono stage, and several turntables.  The new amp will power the front channels (Talons) for HT and also for dedicated 2 channel listening.  I haven't figured out how to run both preamps yet so likely the amp will reside in my HT system and when I want to platy records I'll have to switch cabling.

I would prefer an A/B amp over class D with at least 100 wpc.  My last amp provided 300 wpc.

I listen mainly to jazz and vintage rock.  My listening room is roughly 25' x 35' x 12' with rudimentary acoustical tweaks (will work on refining).  I want a grain-free, natural sound with a  deep soundstage.  I am open to any amp but want to stay with established brands, as i have in the past purchased off brands  that have performed well but don't hold their value or can't be repaired (like the Chapter Two).

I will eventually replace the preamp/processor and would love opinion son an appropriate pairing with the amp you suggest.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
lorenc1
"...but I really do suggest a buyer listen first. :) "

I agree with you.

That said, I have had numerous Levinson, Pass Labs, and Parasound Halo and non Halo amps in my system. I currently listen to JC1s and think they are great. I think the various Pass Labs Class A amps are better still.

D.
Have had Levinson 534 monos, and currently using Pass XA 60.5s in a system somewhat like yours. Its mostly 2 channel music with vacuum tube preamp, but also L-R in a home theater, Pass is noticeable superior in my system. Less flat (both spacially and sonically) more dynamic, more accurate bass and highs.
Just so you know my preferences - I listen more often to a tube integrated amp in another less costly system, and actually prefer good tube “sound”.
Have not heard the Parasound, but I understand the latest JC is quite good, also.
I have had many amps pass through my system including ML 336, ML 436 mono’s, Pass X350.5, Pass X250.5, and have had my Parasound JC1’s for several years. They are all fantastic and I could have happily lived with any of them.

So... I'd check out any of the aforementioned manufacturers.

Guys, remember he’s looking for to keep it under $2500. You aren’t going to find any of the newer (past 5 or so years) Pass Labs or Mark Levinson stuff for that price even on the used market. You can, however, find Nelson Pass designed First Watt amplifiers (his other amp company) used in that price range. For under $2500 I think your best amp options would be a used First Watt J2 or Parasound Halo A21. The J2 if you have efficient speakers (think >86dB) and the A21 if you don’t as it will have more output. The A21 stays in class A for the first 7.5 watts per channel and then goes to A/B up to 250wpc, but the J2 is pure class A putting out 25 watts per channel but that’s it so you can see why having efficient speakers with the J2 is key. The J2 will sound better, but the A21 is no slouch either.
Have you considered the Son of Ampzilla MK 2 by Spread Spectrum Technologies? Here is a listing from Underwood (whom I have no connection with). Very close to your budget new.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9068d-spread-spectrum-technologies-son-of-ampzilla-mk2-220wpc-b...