Confused about Rega and VTA....

Hello audiophiles-

I have a Rega Rp6 TT with Exact 2 cartridge.  I’m interested in upgrading the cartridge to a MC and am deciding between the Hana EL and the Hana SL.  The dealer I am working with (who will install the Hana cartridge) says Hana SL is only better if VTA can be adjusted.  

So this is the source my confusion!  It looks like Rega discourages adjusting VTA on its tables.  Yet it also looks like people do it all the time (and use spacers etc).  So my question is am I making a mistake getting the technically better cartridge (the SL) if it requires VTA adjustment?  With the Rp6 would I be better off with the Hana EL for this reason?

Two other questions:  does anyone have a recommendation about where to buy spacers?

Should I also get a Groovetracer counterweight while I am futzing around with the table?  (It looks like the Hana cartridges are pretty similar in weight to the Exact, so not sure if this would be something with sonic advantages or not,)

I do have the Groovetracer subplatter now.

Thanks for any insights!  Margot
mcanaday
Spacers are only a partial remedy ...too coarse of an adjustment.  I once had a Rega, and found a device that had an adjusting thread to raise/lower the arm.  It was a real pain, because you could only access the adjustment from below.  The result was a very fine and precise adjustment.  I don't remember who made the device.  Put the turntable on 3 or 4 tall drinking glasses to more easily adjust from below. 
Hi all-
Just an update and to say thanks for all the advice.  I ended up using Acoustic Signature spacers with the Hana SL cartridge.  (Well actually I had the turntable set up by a pro, who did an amazing job.) 

It sounds incredible.  Huge leap forward from my Exact 2 MM cartridge. I'm very happy!
cheers, Margot
Yes  The exact pretty much sucks and the Hannah is a great cartridge, enjoy!