Who Is An Expert On Acutex Cartridges?

I am curious. What happened to the company? Did the 320 III LPM or the 320 III STR come first? I also know of a 420 STR. Where are they now?
zoltarcat
I had my 420STR re-tipped by Axel a while back with a Shibata stylus...much quieter presentation. I could not be happier!
The 320 in all its variations was/is an induced magnet type.  If memory serves me, the 400 series (including the 420) were conventional MMs.  Probably different from the 300 series in sonic character.
For sure and being IM type one of the main reason. ACUTEX M320 STR III is the best of them all in my system. I bought one 5 years ago as guided by Raul the Seeker, Dave the Messenger and Vic the Magician
For those that posted on this thread, I'm in need of information regarding the Autex M320 STR III. I'm encountering a feedback issue on my Garrard 401, with a Dynavector 501 arm. The cartridge sounds amazing until the feedback rears its ugly head. The plinth is a heavy MDF DIY on a sandbox (Brightstar Audio BigRock 2).

I'm thinking the cause might be the subwoofer that's about 10 feet away. I should have tried it without the sub, but I changed to a different cart first.

I tried Vinyl Engine, they had no info regarding compliance and arm matching on this particular cart.

I appreciate any info that can be provided.

Thanks,
Dan

I dredged up this thread, because I am once again listening to an LPM320STRIII, this time in Acutex's optional "Saturn V" headshell, which really is the lightest possible headshell, running it in my Lenco in a DV505 tonearm.  I had never tried the Saturn V headshell in my previous experience with the LPM320 cartridge.  I wonder if anyone else has got one and heard it.  Turns out, I have two Saturn Vs.  Point of information: I also own an LPM420STRIII, the later series.  Up to now, and in a post that I wrote in 2018, I would have (and did) say that the 400 series are MM type, not induced magnet type.  But my current research indicates I was wrong.  The 400 series also appear to be IM type. In fact, the specs for the LPM420 are identical to those for the LPM320, down to the stylus shape, although I have not found confirmation that the 420 would have a titanium cantilever, as does the 320.  These are in a way oddball cartridges that sound wonderful.