Power Cables

Is it necessary to use the same brand and model of power cables for the amp and pre-amp? Any thoughts about mixing and matching? I know it all comes down to how they sound, but would love to hear your inputs or tips to guide me in the selection.
ct221933
The standard power cable provided by the maunfacturer is not capable of responding to the immense demands of tranient signals. More advanced designs allow the conveyance of enough power in a timely manner such that an amp can perform up to its full potential and reproduce those transients more faithfully.

I loathe to ask, but (a) what part --specifically-- inherent to the "advanced" power cable enables it to allow more power from the station / to the pole / over the lines / into your home through the walls after going through its own short run of wire? And (b) what part of the PSU system within the component senses and allows more current than what it is specified to engage .. a timely conveyance of it, as you say, to increase audio transients? Finally (c) what makes this wire magic so expensive that it is not within the cost/benefit analysis parameters of the manufacturers to include it with their mid to higher priced products if the difference is so easily heard? Thank you.
How long has this (thread) been going on?
- apologies to Paul Carrack for borrowing his lyric. ;-)

How long has this (thread) been going on?

Not remotely close to as long as many other cable-related threads/debates :-)

Regards,
-- Al

Sincere apologies for keeping this one going, but so many posters in cable threads are talking entirely through something other than their mouth when they make claims about "demanding" audio transients requiring something from a power cable when anyone with amplifier 101 knows the mains are decoupled from the circuit practically the entire time thanks to capacitors.

CT221933 - Have you received any useful responses amidst these 'cable wars'?  (I assume it's not helpful just to hear that some posters don't believe A/C cords make a difference, and read the ensuing rebuttals.)

There is no reason you cannot mix-and-match A/C cords in your system.  If you have different ones, try them on various components and listen.

OTOH, once you find a cord that you especially like, you may find that it sounds better than others throughout your system.