DEDICATED CD PLAYER $1K AND UNDER, THOUGHTS?

Hello All. I'm considering upgrading my Marantz CD5005 cd player. I have enough silver disks to warrant treating them right. The Marantz has been ok but getting longer in tooth. I was curious as to what my fellow 'Goners have heard in the above price range that represent good values (new or used is fine). Amp is a Rogue Sphinx and speakers are new Magnepan MMGi's. Listening tastes are blues, classic rock and a smattering of jazz...Input appreciated...
128x128beernut
I woud like to know what you think of the Oppo vs. your Marantz when playing CDs. Which Oppo?
BDP-85 which has a top flight DAC chip set. If anything, I would say slightly more detail. The Marantz sound is easy and smooth, some say too smooth. I like the versatility of the Oppo as i have a handful of SACD's as well. I'm not a videophile but it does eliminate another box and connections....
how pleased are you with the marantz brand? have you looked at newer units in their line up? their latest (mid 2016) mid range piece is the 6006 which i myself own. they also have a couple units around 850 to 1200 which also feature sacd. used, you could get a proceed. built very well but kind of sharp and forward sounding--. there's probably a good number of sony es units from their heyday in the early 90s (good sound, good build quality) that fall in that range--

I'm pleased with the over all sound. I have heard some of the newer units have reliability issues (from a Marantz dealer). I think the sound is refined. I like the Oppo one-box-solution and the sound is comparable...