Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
teo_audio,

I really like your post in the quoted thread
Especially:

“Those who don’t understand or value those differences either can’t hear it, can’t grok it, or are indulging in their inbuilt capacity to fill in, or can’t separate the mechanism out (like some can) and actually hear the new sound, the new accent, the new micro differences. Ie, they literally are not listening. Literally.”

As you say,  ”Filling in” is most definitely a phenomenon, especially as you get into the music.

I wholeheartedly concur with the entire post.
Really well thought out and presented, without didactic or overblown verbiage!
Well after 20 years with the same cables, this thread just had to get me considering purchases!
Would one be able to say that cables wear out with time? I have some old Audiotruth, if anyone remembers them, which are better than lamp cord, but definitely not “high end". 
Does anyone know if the age affects them? 

(Speaker cables are 20 years old too, some weird AQ GR8, if anyone knows that too)
wetfeet48: just polish the end connectors occasionally with some Copperbrite and you'll be good to go! No need to worry neurotically about wire!
The old AQ Truth are great cables, in truth. I wish they still made them. If I recall correctly even back then AQ controlled them for directionality. I had copper and silver versions of AQ Truth. Other than keeping connections nice and bright the AQ Truth should be good to go. Electrons don’t seem to get tired. There is no Geritol for electrons even if they did.
Wetfeet48.
I had a pair of AQ GR8 speaker cables for years. Only sold them when I moved up to some Nordost cables.
Very good cables from my memory.
Never seen or heard of them from anybody else until now...lol.