Which in the $500 and under range that. can accurately cover different fQ spectrum

Hello,

I was wondering that after purchacing a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless over the ear 2.0, Because for my tastes now after having them for a cpl of weeks,cannot extend in the lower octaves with gravity as do the Dr Dre's Studio Pro's,and be able to play louder without total breakup! Well now im contemplating on getting a great portable lossless hi rez media player(e.g Fiio X5 or Cayin N3).From what ive been reading lately is that these players can far exceed the sonic perfomances our cellphones can produce!
And that maybe I can get a bit more bass extention,detail and better soundstage maybe off these cans! Orrr, get a second pair for use at home coupled with a decent headphone amp/dac!.And just use my Momentums for traveling purposes only in BT mode via a great entry level player like the Fiio X1 2nd gen.
If their is anyone who can possibly shed some light on my existing dillema,It would be much appreciated..
128x128zyac39
As for portable, how about the LG V30 ? I own the Fiio X3 and a separate portable amp. I think the V30 sounds as good.
Neither sound as good as the pono though. The output stage in those, by Ayre, was phenomenal.
Now that you are familiar with these players,have you encountered this imposed limitation on the volume output or simply the SPL(sound pressure levels)? Its called an EU cap that apparently wont allow one to go over a decible level of around 80.
Not that this has any effect of of overall musicality of the players,except for heaphones that have high impendence ratios of lets say 250 ohms or even 600 ohms,that undoubtibly requires higher current seperate amp.So it does seem that as with our home setups,its the same with these portables being the more we invest(as with the Pono,Astell and Kern SP1000).Or the more we put in=The more we will get out!
Like you, I was after the best sound I could get from headphones. I realized however, that the quality I was after was not easy or convenient to have while traveling. 

I ended up  buying a pair of Audeze LCD-2 headphones and a Schiit Jotunheim amp for use at home. Clearly this is not a travel friendly rig.

for travel, I bought the latest pair of Sony’s top the line Bluetooth noise canceling headphones (WH-1000XM2) and I use them with my IPhone. They may not be audiophile grade, but I am enjoying this travel rig quite a bit! They sound respectably good, and they are super convenient, (wireless, light, foldable, driven by phone) and noise canceling as well!

I tried the portable amp and better cans out for travel, and I didn’t feel the extra expense and extra stuff to carry and fiddle with was worth it. I am quite pleased with my new head phone solution with the home/office rig and the separate travel solution.
Yup...

It seems that I may eventually go this route!
Ive had HiFi man h500s last year,driving thrm with a Peachtree Grand X1 integrated through its headphone section.I was seriously looking at the LCD 2s at the time.But I ended up with Hifiman...
Ughhh..The transients in the mid section were responsive and quick.. Bass was extention was ok.
Highs were clean and airy,with a certain amount of spciousness for a closed back pair of cans.But god were they heavy,cumbersome,and NOT comfortable for long listening sessions.Plus I found the sound a bit constrained,and a certain amount of forwardness took place at certain SPLs