Why is Oppo stopping products.

Just went to their website and they are no longer making new products. 
kw6
" I intentionally want to keep my post short because I think we may be veering off topic a bit and I don't want the OP to think we're hi-jacking his thread on subs. Anyone interested in continuing off-topic discussions is probably best served by starting a separate new thread on the topic of their choice."

My mistake, I thought I was responding on another thread.
     Yes, I feel like an idiot and am more than a bit embarrassed.
     My only excuse is I have a brain the size of a small walnut.
Please disregard,
  Tim
Still not sure I believe all the explanations. 

In TYPICAL business model, I would expect to make profits as long as you can until it's no longer profitable, as opposed to get a jump on it. "In the future, we won't make profits so we are stopping now"..?? Does anyone buy that? 

Makes less sense to me, because I got the impression the were selling everything they made. 

Nope. I think there is more to the story. Maybe it's a stupid simple as the brother-in-law got a divorce, maybe got in trouble with taxes or something...maybe they have so much money they don't care. Maybe they got a new owner, or maybe current owner wanted to buy a baseball team....
Basement,

Do you understand how much it cost to do a production run?  They have to order hundreds if not thousand(s) of the units from their supply.  Up until they made the announcement of their closing, they were not selling everything they made.  The only product that was hard to get was the Sonica DAC.  Dealers and Oppo were sitting on a lot of Disc Players.  The announcement caused a run on the 205's which sold out in about 10 days.  I'm going to guestimate that there where about 200+ 205's.  I know that about 30-50 were sold through Best Buy/Magnolia.

The cheaper 203's took about a month to sell out.  I'm assuming that there were more 203's available.  Sonica WiFi speakers are still available.  

The announcement motivated a lot of people that were sitting on the fence to finally make a purchase.

Oppo was loosing money over the last few years.  They were not selling enough product to cover their overhead (salaries, rent/mortgage, insurance, utilities, etc).

Ask yourself how many people do you know that own a 4k Blu-ray Player?  

Hey, if you don't believe what you read here, then call Oppo.  I've actually spoken to them twice in the last month; they've always been upfront and forthright.  

BTW - On google maps you can actually see the Oppo Facility.  Also, they are still taking reservations for 203's and 205's for a potential final run.  
the day of the disc is over.  more people downloading media or using streaming services.  Oppo could have stayed in the game by producing a excellent streamer/DAC that could interface with existing NAS storage devices, but would offer the same excellent video and audio playback and support that Oppo that has been Oppo's trademark.
@elizabeth   +1
Net neutrality rules will formally expire on Monday allowing internet providers free reign to block any traffic content, throttle internet speeds against their competitors content, and accept money for favored treatment.  With prices for streaming video and music surely to rise if new rules are not repelled,  I do not see the streaming landscape as the stable platform that some of you are making it out to be.