Don't waste money on ultrasonic RCMs

chayro
Maybe I should feed the records cod liver oil. Then they'll have a nice shiny coat.
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/if-charles-kirmusss-record-cleaning-machine-and-regimen-correct...
an article from fremer's website.
The ultrasonic devices used in sealing containers or doing welding, work at 41.2-41.5khz, approximately. This is due to this particular frequency being perfect for penetrating water, as most of the fluids sealed in a tube or whatnot, are water based.
Fremer mentions the frequency of one unit being chosen to be at 35khz, and this is probably tied to the water penetration issue and cavitation and this micro porosity being introduced to the record surface via the easy to find ultrasonic devices that work at 41.2-41.5khz.

I haven't bought a US cleaner yet, but I've had records cleaned on some where I believe it was done right.  The results justify getting my own machine.  The Kirmuss model video sounds like the testing and camera work done in the tank backs up their approach to design. 

I much prefer design based on testing rather than "this should work great" if you use these parts together.  I also totally buy into using distilled water only for the cleaning.  I use just a touch of isopropol today in my final wash on my Okki Nokki.  I'll continue to use that machine for drying.

Lew, did you get that recommendation* from Sam Tellig? ;^)

*I just hope everyone knew you were kidding and that no one tries it!

KLaudio ran tests with yellow colored vinyl where they ran records through the system for very extended periods of time with no yellow colored residue in the tank. You are looking at the record residue gunk taken out.

I've had the Klaudio ultrasonic since 2013. Previously a Loricraft which I use only for extremely soiled records.

The KLaudio sound quality is incredible with lower noise floor, nearly all pops and ticks gone, enhanced low level details, better separation of instruments and more refined tonality.

Many used "first pressings etc" that I buy typically are brought up a "play grade" or two and the cleaning of new records makes a big difference too.

I know my records well and have never heard any degridation in sound or high frequencies from The ultrasonic.

My cleaning area gets late afternoon sunlight where you can clearly see dust on what looks like a good record going in and a perfect record with no dust going out.

Also with the KLaudio there is almost never any static associated with records

The best thing?
Load an lp, go about your business, sleeve it, load next lp
It's not labor intensive.

Spend your time listening

Read more at https://www.analogplanet.com/content/if-charles-kirmusss-record-cleaning-machine-and-regimen-correct...
Based on this video, I’ve decided to wash my truck with Lava Soap.  And steel wool. I’m sure it wil be super clean. 
And I can be rid of that pesky clear coat.