Why is Oppo stopping products.

Just went to their website and they are no longer making new products. 
kw6
Seems to me, there has to be other options other than Oppo. 

I am not the expert here, but my impression of my 205 is that it's REALLY good for the money, but I'm not sure it's the best at anything. 

Theta Prime II sounds at least as good for 2 ch, but it doesn't do more than that. Tells me that there should be better surround processers out there. 

i did limited research when I bought it, but some of what I read, the cheaper Sony's are supposed to have good picture. 

So I don't know...I am sure there are many that have more informed opinions than mine. 

Seems to me, the Oppo was great for the money, but the decision to end business in that area is more a loss for Oppo than for the consumer as a whole. It won't be long until someone else steps in to fill the gap. Possible the product(s) are available now, just not well known.
The only other company making a "high end" 4K player is Cambridge Audio. 

Nobody else, except us here, are buying Disc anymore.  Best Buy has announced that they are no longer going to sell CD's anymore and are reducing the shelf space for DVD\Blu-ray sales.  I was in BB this morning and they had no 4K players on display and they had a normal Blu-ray player hooked up to the 4k Sony projector in Magnolia.  

At the beginning of 2017, Netflix had over 93 Million subscribers, but only 4.1 Million rent physical discs; that less than 5%!  I myself am doing about 50% of my media viewing through streaming and I own a DVR.  The Networks are forcing us to do this because they can cut out the Middleman.  And, if they don't let me watch it at my own convenience, screw them, I'll consume my media elsewhere.  

I own 2 Oppo Players and I'm very satisfied with them.  I rent five movies/month from Netflix and two 4K movies/month from 3DBlurayrental.  I stream about the same amount from Netflix/Amazon/HBO/Comcast etc.  I subscribe to about the same amount of Shows online as I record on my DVR.  

I used to purchase about 10 CD's/month.  Now I purchase about 2-3 physical discs and download about 3-4 a month.  It's more convenient to download them and I can get a lot of stuff in 24/96 or 24/192 FLAC.

Remember, we are a very small club here and we're shrinking every day.  The next time you start to forget that, look around and ask yourself "How many people are listening to music on their phone and how many have an Astell & Kern player in their Pocket?"  Ask yourself "How many people are using generic Apple earbuds or 'High End' IEMS?"
Pretty soon, we will be streaming ourselves and have no need for personal interaction. 

lol.
Hello prpixel,

Remember what Groucho Marx said about small clubs?
 'I don't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member.'

You made a lot of good points in your last post and I agree we're all part of a small club that is likely dwindling.  
     We're certainly in the midst of a transitional period currently; away from physical media and toward streaming and downloads.  I realized this a few yrs ago and invested in a computer audio system (laptop running JRiver Media Center, Synology NAS with a 2 TB hard drive, Seagate 2 TB backup hard drive and the Oppo 105 as the DAC and digital player,).  My entire CD collection has been ripped to the NAS and playback is controlled by my laptop.  Definite progress since it's like having a high quality digital jukebox in your home.

I've also begun downloading several hi-res 24 bit/96 khz music as  WAV and FLAC files.  I'm clearly able to hear the improvement in noise levels, dynamic range, detail levels and the resultant more realistic sound stage illusion that 24/96 provides over 16bit/44khz CDs. 
      However, I've found that the key to excellent hi-res music file performance is the files history   Music files recorded direct to 24/96 digital, as opposed to simple digital copies to 24/96 of the original analog master tapes, sound significantly  better to me on my system. I find improvements in sound performance of 24/96 copies of analog masters, when compared to CD copies of the same content, to be much less noticeable.
     I intentionally want to keep my post short because I think we may be veering off topic a bit and I don't want  the OP to think we're hi-jacking his thread on subs. Anyone interested in continuing off-topic discussions is probably best served by starting a separate new thread on the topic of their choice.

Thanks,
  Tim