Running DCS Vivladi DIRECT?

Hey Folks,

Anybody out there who cares to comment on running the Vivaldi DAC direct  to the Power amp.

Please compare with running through your favorite preamp and elucidate the differences.

Thanks & keep enjoying our hobby!

Ag insider logo xs@2xsthekepat
"The continued observations of "experts" who based only on specs and their biases know what other users systems sound like and which is obviously "best" is one of the mysteries of on line forums such as AudioGon"

Well said. Indeed a mystery...
First of all I tend to agree with jareko and georgehifi... As far as I'm concerned it's better to use the Vivaldi straight into the power amp.
As for the WEL Signature interconnect.... Silver it may be but never bright, lit up, dry or cold. On the contrary, it's got way more body and warmth then copper cables (top notch cables not entry level). My AQ Everest has the same attributes as well. 
Johndoe,
It may be better to run the Vivaldi DAC straight to the power amplifier for you. Folkfreak clearly and thoroughly described his experience doing so and prefers the better sound quality with the ARC REF 40. These are his findings listening in his own system. Granted you may choose otherwise but he simply reported what he heard. Strange how this seems to be discounted because it doesn’t meet someone else’s expectations. Very strange behavior.

I get the impression that folkfreak is an experienced listener who knows what he likes and trusts his ears and judgement. We're all different in our hearing and perception,  this is an obvious truth. 
Charles 
Regarding silver cable, they all certainly do not sound the same. I use Ocellia Silver Reference IC and SC. It’s the antithesis of, thin, cool, bright etc. In fact it  has natural warmth, full bodied tone with terrific fleshed out harmonics. It has a very organic character.
Charles