Robert & Alison-Raising Sand

I just got this gem on vinyl the other day and i must say its fantastic. Quite the combo doing what they do best!

Anybody else had the chance to listen to this yet?
Opinions?

Cheers
mariasplunge
i was never blown away by the sonics, though i'm usually a big fan of tbone's productions, but i think the performances are great and that it's easily the best post-zep thing plant has done. the gene clark covers are absolutely killer.
So on reading updates to thread I threw this on because I upgraded my optical cable with generally very good results and wanted to test it with this recording that I had recently been considering as a possible reference disk. Wow! So much (too much) bass!! Was expecting to hear what @mcondo mentions and I had experienced since my system is way better than it was in 2008.  But my current system has substantial bass capabilities, and apparently so does this new cable.

I had just been listening to redbook of Muddy Waters “Folk Singer” which was sounding FANTASTIC, depth, detail, timing, quiet silences. The contrast with “Raising Sand” bass dominance was not subtle. Unfortunate, because all other elements of the recording are excellent. May have to try it on vinyl now.

Just to test another Burnett recording that I think has balanced and spooky good production I tried Bruce Cockburn’s “Nothing but a burning Light”, and it sounded terrific, no bass bloat.
@knownothing I have both those CDs and noticed the exact same thing. The performance of Kraus/Plant are really good but the mastering is less than desirable.